washingtonia .F. dying!!?

derrick

Re: washingtonia .F. dieing!!?

Post by derrick »

Mine looks ok outside in shelter no brown leaves yet .On the other side my road is another its been there about 3 years close to house .I split a triple they wil stay in pots for now.
Nick

Post by Nick »

Derrick I really don't blame you, are you going to wait until they've put a fair bit of growth on before you plant them outside in the garden :?: :?: :?:

icon_sunny icon_sunny
derrick

Post by derrick »

Yeh are keep them in pots Nick .Are you getin another washy to give ago Nick.
Nick

Post by Nick »

Derrick yep, I will get another, and give it another go in the summer.

icon_sunny icon_sunny
derrick

Post by derrick »

Some recent little washy pics .Its growing slowly i think.
Attachments
S4010044.JPG
S4010043.JPG
S4010042.JPG
derrick

Post by derrick »

Do you get birds making nest from the threads on your palm .Mine got removed last year .
davidjonesUK

Post by davidjonesUK »

i saw a blue tit robbing some fur on my Dicksonia antarctica haha :lol: :lol: i scared it away and now non what so ever touch it anymore lol
metalhammer

Post by metalhammer »

If my washy does kark it this year,I ain't going to bother with them anymore,I've lost 3 over the years.Going to stick with what has proved hardy over the last 2 winters.More Trachies,Butia's,Chamerops(despite several getting a bashing)& more Jubaea's(when I can afford the £300+ asking price).All the above have done well over the last 2 years.I'd sooner have fewer species,but more of them,knowing they ain't going to keel over in the winter.Will persevere with a few more tender subjects,but they'll get fetched undercover once it starts to turn cold.I'd hate to try & calculate how much I've lost over the years on supposedly hardy palms.I feel disinclined to spend the money again.

metalhammer.
Nick

Post by Nick »

Derrick they are looking good those little Washy's you have there mate icon_thumleft good one keep them going, Metalhammer I've lost a lot of plants admittedly only 3 were palms but yes if we were to thin of what it all added up to i am sure it would put a lot of us off, i guess we are dedicated in our pleasures :lol: :lol:

icon_sunny icon_sunny
dino

Re: washingtonia .F. dying!!?

Post by dino »

I have a pot with 4 stems which I've been overwintering in my porch. Do they do well if split up or should I leave them together?