My Back Garden

Brian

Re: My Back Garden

Post by Brian »

Well i have had my greenhouse for a month now and i have run out of room :lol: still at least most of it will be planted out at the end on this month icon_cheers
Attachments
Garden 94 05-04-10.JPG
Garden 95 05-04-10.JPG
Garden 93 05-04-10.JPG
sanatic1234

Post by sanatic1234 »

And I thought I was bad for my plants :lol: my partner keeps on telling me to store some in my shed but I dont really want to till it gets a bit warmer. I only have heated props dont have the luxury of a greenhouse. What plants are they brian in the black pots right at the back is one a musa basjoo?
Brian

Post by Brian »

Well spotted San yes there are 2 musa basjoo at the back I also have in there about 35 Trachycarpus seedlings, 6 various bananas, Bird of Paradise, 2 Sago palms, 4 Miscanthus grass, lots of canna seedlings and tubas, 4 Colocasia burgundy stem, 3 Alocasia macrorrhiza, several eddoes, a tower of strawberries, 3 passion flower plants, a Phoenix canariensis_CIDP, a batterd Butia Eriospatha,and lots of veg seedling as well :wink:
sanatic1234

Post by sanatic1234 »

I can join you with the canna seedlings got 10 now all together mainly at a height of 15 Cm's but for some reason just haven't grown much in the past 2 weeks icon_scratch

I have 2 musa's one basjoo the other ventricosum. I have 2 Bird of Paradise seedlings but these are growing very slowly i still have them covered with plastic food bags at the minute but not sure whether or not to take of the bags and just let the air get to them? I also have 2 washy seedlings very very very slow growing :lol: certainly won't be on display in the garden this year.

I am jealous that you have eddoes and sago palms i really am going to have to get me self some of these.
Your greenhouse looks like a miniature nursery icon_thumright
metalhammer

Post by metalhammer »

I have 4 greenhouses + my garage stuffed with plants.Hoping to start bringing some out next weekend,especially what's stored in the garage.

metalhammer.
sanatic1234

Post by sanatic1234 »

You must have a garden the size of a football pitch MH :lol: :lol:
metalhammer

Post by metalhammer »

100' long x 20-25 feet wide,gets narrower the further you go up it.

I have one greenhouse that's 14'6" x 16'6",another one thats's 10' x 18',one that's 8' x 6',fourth one is a little lean to on the back of the house,it's 11' x 4'6".It also houses the gas boiler that heats my greenhouses.On top of the plants stuffed in them,there are about 100 pots left outside,these vary from 3 litre to 750 litre capacity.

metalhammer.
redsquirrel

Post by redsquirrel »

100?? would have thought there was that many up by your back door through the passage. and thats before you enter the garden
mars ROVER broken down. headgasket faillure
metalhammer

Post by metalhammer »

Can't get past the backdoor currently,large Livistona australis parked there & you know what the petioles are like on them.

metalhammer.
redsquirrel

Post by redsquirrel »

:lol: :lol: puya with fans on springs to mind :lol:

Brian,that lot in your greenhouse will transform your garden this year, bet you cant fit them all back in there in november or should i say,fingers crossed,you cant fit them in :wink: :wink:
mars ROVER broken down. headgasket faillure
metalhammer

Post by metalhammer »

Don't know which is worse,australis or chinensis.I've also got a Phoenix acaulis(spiteful sod) & Phoenix sylvestris by the backdoor,anybody who tries to get through there in the dark are going to scream a bit as they get impaled.

metalhammer.
Brian

Post by Brian »

Well it's been a couple of months since i updated this post so i thought i should put a few more pictures on :D I have spent today weeding and moving a couple of plants around so whilst the garden looks tidy if some what empty (the weeds were filling out the beds) I thought i would take some more pictures.

I am glad to say my Canna seedlings what got hit by the late frost in May have all bounced back and in the last week have started to put on noticeable growth

I am also very happy that my T-Rex from Carol is romping away

Unfortunately my Japanese Maple tree took quite a bashing this winter and it has lost over half its branches leaving it very lopsided now i have removed the dead wood

But what has really surprised and amazed me is my 9cm pot passion flower from Ebay in March has given me half a dozen flowers after just over a month in the ground :DD

Hopefully every thing will fill out this year so I can start next year a bit fuller and I hope to start getting the height I am so looking forward to.
miggs

Post by miggs »

looking good brian

where did you source them logs which you have used for your path as im trying to get some like that for a kids play area bit
Brian

Post by Brian »

Hi miggs, i cut the logs down from a local unclassified country road (old un-tarmaced road) which runs through my local farmers land the UCR is the responsibility of the county council but the farmer turns a blind eye to me collecting fire wood from there :D
miggs

Post by miggs »

cool if you can get any more lmk :wink: