Question on Ricinus Carmencita Red

Leigh

Question on Ricinus Carmencita Red

Post by Leigh »

I sowed some of these a couple of weeks ago and all have come up and are now on the second/third set of true leaves.
They are on a sunny (when it shows it's face) south facing window sill

My question is should the leaves come out Reddish colour or do they change to Red at sometime, as so far all leaves are Green ?

Leigh
Leigh
bobbyd44

Re: Question on Ricinus Carmencita Red

Post by bobbyd44 »

i grew some red ones last year i think the stems were red but green leaves till the plant got a bit larger, they got to about 4/5 foot in all..
Attachments
phpCnwBZvAM.jpg
phpCnwBZvAM.jpg (43.52 KiB) Viewed 856 times
simon

Post by simon »

I think they red up once they get better light. Even 'New Zealand purple' is a bit green until you get it in full sun.
Leigh

Post by Leigh »

Cheer's Guys icon_thumleft , was begining to think maybe i'd been sold the green type
Leigh
medjool

Post by medjool »

Hi there
Just a point Ricinus seeds are incredibly poisenous,even handling them can cause problems,three years ago i collected hundreds of seeds in Spain and ended up in accident and emergency in Motril.Just because i touched my eye! Ricin comes from the seeds and this is by far the most powerful poisen in the plant kingdom!
Leigh

Post by Leigh »

medjool wrote:Hi there
Just a point Ricinus seeds are incredibly poisenous,even handling them can cause problems,three years ago i collected hundreds of seeds in Spain and ended up in accident and emergency in Motril.Just because i touched my eye! Ricin comes from the seeds and this is by far the most powerful poisen in the plant kingdom!

Cheer's Med, i already knew they where toxic will take care

(Bit late for me already copped a rare Eye infection just before Xmas which ate my cornea away and left me more or less blind in one eye)
Leigh