Has anyone had trouble with Gardenbargains.com?

marie06

Re: Has anyone had trouble with Gardenbargains.com?

Post by marie06 »

Mh - mine took over a month to arrive. It is a shame as I am still after a Feijoa.
smurnan

Post by smurnan »

I'm tempted by their oleander offer but can't bring myself to place an order after reading this thread. :|
metalhammer

Post by metalhammer »

Just to let you all know,my Wollemi Pine turned up Thursday,looks a very nice plant to.Shame about the appalling customer services though.Won't use them again.

metalhammer.
redsquirrel

Post by redsquirrel »

im having a go with CANARIUS in the canary islands.have ordered some interesting stuff.they say they ship first day of the next week after ordering ,5-14 days so fingers crossed
mars ROVER broken down. headgasket faillure
grub

Post by grub »

Darren, how did it go? I only ask as the last 3 times I had any dealings with a bloke in the Canaries the plants weren't quite what I'd ordered :evil: . It turned out that it was the same guy under different company names as he kept getting caught out for being a ****(insert own expletive :lol: )
trachy1973

Post by trachy1973 »

All my plants finally arrived after nearly four weeks. The fejoa plants were fine as well as the three Goji berries but the rather small and delicate Honey berries and hardy paw paws were poorly wrapped with a few small branches having snapped off the honey berries and one of the hardy paw paws having come completley out of its pot with the earth loose inside. They are only small and delicate anyway at this stage, nothing more than a twig in a pot. I think I have saved it however and after repotting appears to be making a comeback.

I do not think I will use them again, too much time, uncertainty and hardwork if you ask me.

The brickies mate I ordered from Ideal Homes arrived in superquick time and it was with that delivery that they send me their garden bargains catalogue.

Thanks

Keith
metalhammer

Post by metalhammer »

I can't comment on your experience Grub,but I bought some Aloe cuttings,2 of which were rooted plants anyway.The Aloe ferox x arborescens were described as 10cm cuttings,they were actually 45-50cms tall when they came,also ordered 2 Aloe x delaetti,got 3 sent & again much bigger than advertised,also had bromeliad sent free.I will definitely try them again,they have a number of palms & Aloes I would like.I wouldn't use them if these plants were available here.

metalhammer.
redsquirrel

Post by redsquirrel »

apparently a bit of a problem with one of our aloes out of stock but he was quick to reply to emails which is promising.didnt finish re-ordering until tuesday pm so they wont be shipped til monday next.i cant pass judgement yet as everything sounds fair enough at present
musa_monkey

Post by musa_monkey »

Well my epic saga with this company finally came to a close today.

After well over a dozen emails, a similar number of phone phone calls and a snotty letter to the customer services director i finally received the citrus i ordered way back when the pope was just an alter boy.

The sad part is that all the plants i have received from them have been great quality but they have the worst customer service i have ever experienced from any company in my life.

Never again.......... icon_thumbdown
marie06

Post by marie06 »

Glad you got your plant at long last. But you're right, their customer service is diabolical.
mowerman

Post by mowerman »

I have always been very cautious about ordering plants online especially as I have a large wholesale exotic plant supplier virtually on my doorstep and with whom I have an account. However I recently purchased five Bougainvillea from an online supplier in Germany and was delighted with both the size of the plants and delivery time-three days from ordering to delivery ! And, even allowing for the carriage costs, far cheaper than any UK supplier.
redsquirrel

Post by redsquirrel »

both parcels from thomson and morgan and rps arrived yesterday.just canarius to go now and everything will be here icon_thumleft . i do like the tm way of sending stuff,nice sturdy little box,sent on 17th from guernsey,here 19th still moist. hibiscus newbiscus here we go.time to find out if they perform as well as stated
grub

Post by grub »

blackfuchsia wrote: I have responded to the email requesting they either collect the trees or give me a discount for all the slightly ropey quality.

I will keep you posted.

Kevin
What was the outcome Kevin?
blackfuchsia

Post by blackfuchsia »

grub wrote:
blackfuchsia wrote: I have responded to the email requesting they either collect the trees or give me a discount for all the slightly ropey quality.

I will keep you posted.

Kevin
What was the outcome Kevin?
Hi Grub,

Wow seems like such a long time ago, apologies for not updating. Anyway they refunded the p&p charge and asked me to keep the plants for a month and if I still wasn't happy then they would arrange to collect them. After a couple of weeks of tlc they both perked up pretty well so I decided to keep them. They have been left out over the winter unprotected. The lemon looks in pretty good condition, nice and bushy. The orange not so good but I'll see what happens in the spring.
grub

Post by grub »

At least they offered a solution in the end and the plants are having a go through the winter icon_cheers