ebay

jonny

ebay

Post by jonny »

Do any of you ever order from any of the overseas sellers on ebay. Particularly those from asian countries. Is the quality of the plant material usually reasonable on delivery?
kata

Re: ebay

Post by kata »

Yes.

I have dealt with Malaysia many times for flower seeds. They send very quickly and usually include a gift.

Quick delivery, e-mails are quick with any queries.

Most satisfactory business.

I have not noticed any hefty prices on delivery.

icon_cheers icon_cheers icon_cheers
Adam D

Post by Adam D »

No, I haven't.

However, I have been tempted by some of the great looking Yuccas I keep seeing on the German Ebay :)
dave2166

Post by dave2166 »

had two agaves earlier this year, they were shipped very quickly from Thailand, came with all phyto certs and in good condition....
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

I have only ordered once but plant arrived promptly and in good condition icon_thumright Think it depends on the seller, always check the feedback from UK buyers :wink:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by grub »

Jonny I've twice purchased Musa Ae Ae from Thailand, 2 different sellers, the first sent me a rotten corm and never responded to any communication :evil: , the second kept my money for a month and then refunded it, no communication, no anything icon_scratch . I won't be buying anything else from Thailand unless it's from a seller who's name I can't remember but SteveW will remind me when the time comes. :lol:
kata

Post by kata »

When I never went through to Paypal to pay a seller I got in trouble with Ebay because Ebay refuses even now to change my snailmail address.

I could not allow a purchase to go 30 miles away to let someone else benefit.

After MY comunication to Ebay they agreed it was their fault the seller was'nt plaeased (UK seller) but the bad feedback came off.

I had changed my address at Paypal and even now Ebay still uses my old address so :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: everytime I buy something I have to write to the sellar to confirm my snail mail (not e-mail) address. :o

Grub, write or ring Ebay because they are not perfect, maybe your details are incorrect like mine. If the details wer/are correct you should still contact Ebay to complain, or leave feedback on the seller.

icon_cheers icon_cheers
redsquirrel

Post by redsquirrel »

i only deal with companies recommended by others.the great offers from thailand etc are inviting but you cant go knocking if you get ripped off.over here its different,only roads separating you
mars ROVER broken down. headgasket faillure
kata

Post by kata »

Yes Red but,

Its still a contract and should be honoured,, if a person can't deliver quality goods then he should not be selling.

I had a seller behave like that. He said he sent out goods that were top class..his quality and mine are poles apart. I sent them back right away but he still refused to acknowledge it was shoddy seedlings he sent.

:(
redsquirrel

Post by redsquirrel »

true enough but not everyone is squeaky clean. £££££signs can light up some peoples lives more than smiles for others
mars ROVER broken down. headgasket faillure
kata

Post by kata »

You are right Red,

The old adage..'money does not maketh man'...maybe 'man maketh money' :lol: :lol: :lol: comes to mind.

Awe God..them seeds I recived are imprinted on my brain forever. A living thing and he musta just chucked them in a container with some compost.

I am so used to getting small plug plants in perfect condition, still damp from my supplier that the seedlings condition that seller sent was a shock. That was my first and last time to buy live plants through Ebay.

Waiting on my propagater at the minute (Ebay) so I can sow my own seed earlier. Oh and some very large Lily bulbs.

There are still good sellars out there in Ebay.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
metalhammer

Post by metalhammer »

Hell would freeze over before I used e-bay.Have heard to many horror stories.When you work in big places,you'll always find people who have been done.If it was e-bay or nothing,I'd choose nothing everytime.

I know what I want to pay for something,not getting wrapped up in some stupid auction & land up paying well over the odds.

Before anybody hacks me off,you've had your say,I'm just stating my opinion.

metalhammer.
Essex Ross

Post by Essex Ross »

I've bought plants many times through e-bay, mostly from UK sellers, and never had any problems. However earlier this year I bought an Opuntia Robusta from a seller in Sweden, arrived fine and NO problems what so ever. However I have never bought anything from outside the EU. Not saying it can't be done but you might lose those plants without a phytosanitary certificate. Seeds could probably get through without any problems.

The most important thing to remember here is that you should look for sellers which have a good reputation and its important not just how many positives a seller has but how they solved issues with a buyer who gave them negative feedback.
JoelR

Post by JoelR »

There are some Agaves from Thailand currently on ebay with price tags in the £££'s and with £65 postage on top. I've been watching them for a couple of weeks and they haven't had a single bid, not surprisingly. Nice plants but I wouldn't risk it.

Joel
countrylover

Post by countrylover »

My mate who lives in Ireland bought some aroid bulbs from Thailand. Arrived to him within 2 weeks He got what he bought. I've seen pix of the plants.