Come on lets post some pics of the garden 2010

themes

Re: Come on lets post some pics of the garden 2010

Post by themes »

Mick C wrote:Kata - thanks, glad you like it :D

Mo - you know I just kill butias
I seen the way you put away that butia at akamba, bit of ketchup and you woofed it down. Podgy is sexy...a bit of podge. Have it my son.
Mick C

Post by Mick C »

Adam D wrote:
Is the trampoline in your garden?

I now see what you mean about the circular raised bed, it should be more like a bent circle to fit in with the swooping curves of your other beds.

Still looks very good though and your borders look very full with lots of contrast between the plantings icon_thumright
No, the trampoline is in the neighbour's garden - he was building a small chicken run as I took that photo.

You & Simba have both picked up on the fact that the main problem with the raised bed seems to be that it is a formal looking circle.
Simba wrote: What if you made it a little smaller, and a more abstract shape, you might find it more pleasing to the eye....?
It's certainly an option, another is to just do away with it and widen the end & side borders instead. I concreted the timber edging into position, maybe not the best idea in hindsight, but the first one I did worked well & I got caried away with it. Or I could just leave it alone and stop moaning about it of course.
Mick C

Post by Mick C »

themes wrote:
I seen the way you put away that butia at akamba, bit of ketchup and you woofed it down. Podgy is sexy...a bit of podge. Have it my son.
Ah, the bacon butia, had to really think about that one. It was brown sauce by the way, if I may be picky.
Simba

Post by Simba »

Mick C wrote: It's certainly an option, another is to just do away with it and widen the end & side borders instead. I concreted the timber edging into position,.
Another option is to convert it into a Koi pond and you could grow boggy-loving plants in there..
themes

Post by themes »

Mick C wrote:
Ah, the bacon butia, had to really think about that one. It was brown sauce by the way, if I may be picky.
you've gone up in my books. i thought you liked to sink the pink, instead your down for the brown. Nice one. icon_thumright
stephenprudence

Post by stephenprudence »

Great gardens here! :D

one more from me.. may as well put it on now as I'm going for a break in Wales tomorrow.

kata

Post by kata »

I like that Stephen..a lot.

Another bookmark :lol: :lol: :lol:

Looking for ideas for working on this winter. I was thinking a circle lawn, stoned borders, edging around the lawn..just some ideas then I need to hide horrible browned off Leylandi.

Tropicals take tooo long.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Cathy

Post by Cathy »

I finally managed to spend some time browsing and love ALL your garden pic's!
...just reminds me how little time I have to spend in my own garden these days. ...A Paulownia given to me by MickC a few years ago has decided to grow after just loitering for two summers and has shot up to around four foot while I wasn't looking - despite being trampled a few times in the dormant season :oops:
Mick, your circular bed will look less circular as the plants grow and overhang the timber edging to creep across the grass - if they haven't done so already!
Hankers

Post by Hankers »

A few pics from today. Although my garden is now growing well there is so much I need to do following the devastation of last winter, tbh i couldn't be bothered much this year as I was so dismayed by the damage. I've got over that now and I'm going to really sort it out for next year.
Steve

I've always left dahlias in the ground so lost most of them this time, some recovered though.

I thought these basjoos had died as they didn't appear until well into June, they're upto approx 5 foot now though

View across the garden

Melianthus

Hankers

Post by Hankers »

A few more -

Lemon

Stocking up for next year

Olives sailed through the winter

This is all that remains of my Butia capitata though

Cycas revoluta struggling back to life!
themes

Post by themes »

Hankers

last year was great but you have managed to excel yourself this year. I can never attain this leafiness. well done

cathy, whats this about MickC circular bed?
Adam D

Post by Adam D »

Great shots Hankers!

Your garden looks super.
Livistona

Post by Livistona »

Dave Brown wrote:Great gardens Ricoz and Renae. Lawn's looking pristine, mine is just starting to come back from being a dust bowl :lol: I love my lawn as the clearing in the jungle, but don't go as far as watering it. I bearly have enough time to water the important bits.

I'll select a few pics, from the millions I take :lol:

Just realised, I've not been taking many 'garden shots' mainly plants in the garden.
I love that single stem Humilis. icon_thumleft
Livistona

Post by Livistona »

Beautiful garden ricooz and what a great lawn to.
icon_thumleft
Livistona

Post by Livistona »

Renae wrote:Your garden is beautiful.. My hubby likes your lawn, Here's mine. 8)
Beautiful garden Renae. Can you successfully grow christmas palms known as Veitchia Merrillii in the Perth climate. I suppose your winters can sometimes be quite cool there.
Maybe only tropical Qld or Darwin for these palms.
I have successfully grown 12 Livistona Australis seeds. Very pleased.
I envy you aussies. If I win the lottery I'll be moving near Port Douglas Qld.

Troy. icon_thumleft