Revoluta

kata

Revoluta

Post by kata »

Hi,

Going on hols in two weeks. The Revoluta, Agave, and the Tracki, will they be ok if they don't get rained on for 11 days?

Its most unlikely it won't rain sometime within those two weeks in the Northwest area. With me being new around here and its a bit clicky I don't really want to ask a neighbour to look adfter them daily. Another option is. I bought a pack of four water globes from Aldi. These will drip water as and when needed for two weeks.

Just wondered if they will be fine with, or without.

Thanks!
:)
Attachments
waterglobes.JPG
greg

Re: Revoluta

Post by greg »

Kata

leave them, they will be fine, i never water any of the ones you mention only when i remember! have a great holiday.
Nick

Post by Nick »

Kata have a wonderful holiday girl, take lots of photo's for us :lol:

icon_sunny icon_sunny
kata

Post by kata »

Thanks Greg,

Now I can give the globes to the acers instead.

Thanks for the good wishes both of you too.

Going same place, same villa. I hope to take different pics this year.

icon_cheers icon_cheers

An update on the Revoluta :lol: :lol: :lol: Well pleased!
Attachments
revaug.JPG
JohnH

Post by JohnH »

Its coming on well Kata.
Nick

Post by Nick »

Ha my mate JohnH is back, welcome back Johnny, I hope you've not been banged up somewhere :lol: :lol: it's good to see you posting again.

icon_sunny icon_sunny
kata

Post by kata »

Thanks John!
I hope you've not been banged up somewhere
:o :ahhh!: Nick!
stephenprudence

Post by stephenprudence »

I think all revolutas are putting out new fronds at the same time... every Cycas revoluta I have comes across, my own included, and a few i saw in Wales are currently putting out new growth... it's almost like clockwork.
tenchy

Post by tenchy »

someone ones told me that bamboo plants all flower at the same time, maybe something similar happens with revolutias?
kata

Post by kata »

I think all revolutas are putting out new fronds at the same time...
So Stephen, was I just lucky this year do you think?

:lol: :lol:
Nick

Post by Nick »

Tench, the difference being Bamboo's die after flowering, I lost 5 of the same type when I first got into tropicals,so Kata you did flush after all, well done, I know how you wanted them to,mine have never flushed, they both died in the winter before last :lol: :lol:

icon_sunny icon_sunny
tenchy

Post by tenchy »

Nick wrote:Tench, the difference being Bamboo's die after flowering, I lost 5 of the same type when I first got into tropicals,so Kata you did flush after all, well done, I know how you wanted them to,mine have never flushed, they both died in the winter before last :lol: :lol:

icon_sunny icon_sunny

not going to flush now lol, unless you are feeling flush and get a new ones lol

but if you're not carefull and winter kills them you will be flushing your cash down the lav lol
kata

Post by kata »

mine have never flushed, they both died in the winter before last
Awe did they Nick,

Try again. Yours should have done better than mine. I am still waiting for MyPalm Shop to re-open. His site is still there but closed. When he re-opens you buy one from him.

http://mypalmshop.com/en/default.aspx

£15.00 and apart from the new fronds thats as tall as it was when he sent it...He also sent it in a box of straw. I had it indoors all winter last year and it will be the same this year. I have a good sun stream comes through the front door into the lobby so thats its space once cold weather comes in.

icon_cheers icon_cheers
Nick

Post by Nick »

Good on ya Kata, I will give it some thought, :lol: :lol:

icon_sunny icon_sunny
kata

Post by kata »

I don't want you to give it some thought,

I want you to buy one...hahahaahaha

:lol: :lol: :lol: