Hello Vera!

paulrm71

Hello Vera!

Post by paulrm71 »

Hi All

Please could I have some help identifying this Aloe...at first I was convinced that it was Aloe Polyphylla, but its too upright and the leafs are too fleshy. Any ideas please?

Its taken loads of abuse, having been outside in the winter of last year, sometimes drenched with water and other times I have forgotten to water it...it has just come back time after time. It also pups like crazy as you may see in the photos.

Thanks, Paul
Attachments
aloe.jpg
aloe.jpg (46.65 KiB) Viewed 2160 times
aloe top.jpg
aloe top.jpg (50.1 KiB) Viewed 2160 times
kata

Re: Hello Vera!

Post by kata »

Sorry Paul,

I don't grow Aloes at all. Someone like Conifers may know or Redsquirrel.

icon_cheers
dino

Post by dino »

looks like Aloe vera but suprised it's survived
Springy

Post by Springy »

It's been a while since I kept cacti and succulents but it looks like Aloe Mitriformis to me.
paulrm71

Post by paulrm71 »

Thanks Springy. I'll be planting it out this summer in my arid bed as I have so many pups I can afford to lose it!!
JoelR

Post by JoelR »

paulrm71 wrote:Thanks Springy. I'll be planting it out this summer in my arid bed as I have so many pups I can afford to lose it!!
Aloe mitriformis not noted for hardiness so repot and bring in before frosts. You might find with a free root run the plant gets a lot bigger by the time it's potted up for winter. 2 or 3 summers of planting out and it may flower as well.
paulrm71

Post by paulrm71 »

Thanks Joel, must admit I'm quite getting into succulents now....just picked up a very nice (although small) agave mediopicta alba. And just missed out on a 24cm Agave Parryi.
JoelR

Post by JoelR »

I bet the agave parryi was quite a plant. I think they can a bit hit and miss but even here up north it's possible to grow them outdoors. My oldest parryi was from seed in 2007 and nowhere near 24cm. Might plant it out next year and hope for the best.
call

Post by call »

its mitriformis im trying it on my succulent log next year