cacti?

bamboo bibb

cacti?

Post by bamboo bibb »

Hello just bought these two days ago going cheap in a garden centre but i havent got a clue which cacti they are, they came without labels, can anybody help?. im keeping them indoors and just going to put them in the garden in the summer, but keeping them in pots. thankyou.
cacti.jpg
call

Re: cacti?

Post by call »

go to
http://cactiguide.com/

hope this helps :D
Springy

Post by Springy »

I'd have a rough guess at cephalocereus senilis at top left, cereus peruvianus monstrosa at bottom left, 3 in a pot on top far right as echinocactus grusonii, bottom right possibly a notocactus and it looks like a couple of mammillaria species either side in the middle. I'm not sure about the pot of three right at the back though as they are to small to properly see!
It's been a while since I kept cacti and most of them have probably been re-named since.

The notocactus one might be a lobivia. I had exactly the same plant years ago but it's name won't come to me!
No doubt someone will come along and shoot my suggestions out of the water :lol:
call

Post by call »

lobivia are now rebutia :wink:
Springy

Post by Springy »

D'OH! See what I mean! It's like being locked away for twenty years and the someone telling you that grass is now called trees! icon_scratch
Back to the drawing board icon_study :lol:
call

Post by call »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
bamboo bibb

Post by bamboo bibb »

thankyou been looking myself but alot look the same to me. i am new to cacti i notice that alot of people have them in there tropical gardens and its a nice look, I bought will giles book the new exotic garden and he mixers them with other plants. the two pots in the top right hand corner are the same.
Essex Ross

Post by Essex Ross »

I'd say that Springy is correct with those IDs. icon_thumright

Only one I don't recognise is the bottom right, but thats not to say Springy is wrong.
HarryandNess

Post by HarryandNess »

Whatever they are, I like them :D and you'll probably get some interesting flowers sooner or later :?:

Ness
call

Post by call »

HarryandNess wrote:Whatever they are, I like them :D and you'll probably get some interesting flowers sooner or later :?:

Ness
like these for instance
Attachments
cactus flower
cactus flower
php36sjZQAM.jpg (45.6 KiB) Viewed 2271 times
HarryandNess

Post by HarryandNess »

Exactly! Adorable little things. icon_sunny

Ness