I want one of these yuccas

Ste

I want one of these yuccas

Post by Ste »

First of all, does anyone know what type of yucca these are? I think they look great, I would love to get one but they seem really pricey to buy at this size. Around 900 euro's then delivered by pallet.
Attachments
New Image.JPG
New Image.JPG (127.08 KiB) Viewed 3313 times
New Image1.JPG
New Image1.JPG (116.31 KiB) Viewed 3313 times
Addictedtopalms26

Re: I want one of these yuccas

Post by Addictedtopalms26 »

They look similar to rostrata? But I didn't know rostrata could multi-stem, although ive never seen one big enough lol
Ste

Post by Ste »

I've seen rostrata before with a few heads but they usually start further up the trunk. These on the photo seem to have branched quite low down. There's that many different type of yucca's that look the same, its hard to I.D it 100% icon_scratch
Adam D

Post by Adam D »

They are Yucca thompsoniana Ste.

I have one in my garden (not as big as those beauties though). The previous two winters have taken their toll on it though :(
Ste

Post by Ste »

Correct mate, just been looking at loads of pics and they are definatley 100% Yucca thompsoniana.
Found them on this website here http://www.tropicalcentre.com/ They have loads of different yuccas for sale. Few palm's and other bits aswell, worth a look icon_thumleft
Simba

Post by Simba »

They are a very good company to deal with too Ste, this si where my Linearifolia come from.... icon_thumright
Addictedtopalms26

Post by Addictedtopalms26 »

Yeah i agree with the thompsoniana! I was just flicking through the akamba catalogue and saw one! shame theyre so expensive because they look awesome icon_thumleft
redsquirrel

Post by redsquirrel »

they like to flower more than rostrata,a spectacular flower but look awful after for years
mars ROVER broken down. headgasket faillure
musabasjoos

Post by musabasjoos »

Ste, alot of us including myself have been buying our from the ebay shop >>> http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/yucca-shop/m. ... HMODX:SRCH
Andy Martin

Post by Andy Martin »

I,ve bought a three stemmed Yucca Thompsoniana from the TC via Nigel... lovely plants and come from higher altitude than Rostratas are hardier as well. I did like the multi stemmed Rostrata but was swayed by the hardiness issue in the end.

I guess time is running out if you want something from the TC as Nigel will be able to get it for you at a fraction of the delivery costs the TC will charge.

They had a lovely Yucca linearifolia I wanted at €175 but wanted €331 to deliver it.
Not sure when Nigels lorry is leaving the TC for the UK though.
Simba

Post by Simba »

Andy Martin wrote:They had a lovely Yucca linearifolia I wanted at €175 but wanted €331 to deliver it..
Do you mean this one Andy....?

Funny how it found it's way to Essex for just €32....but I still need some work doing in this Yucca area though.... :wink:
Andy Martin

Post by Andy Martin »

Simba wrote:
Andy Martin wrote:They had a lovely Yucca linearifolia I wanted at €175 but wanted €331 to deliver it..
Do you mean this one Andy....?

Funny how it found it's way to Essex for just €32....but I still need some work doing in this Yucca area though.... :wink:
Grrrrrr.... thats the one I was after. I see it was reduced to €150. Did that reduce its postage or did Roland see sense and see it was absurd to charge for a pallet for a plant that could be handled quite easy??
I do like those Galeanas but despite their high price they sell quickly. Did you get one Simba?
Simba

Post by Simba »

Sorry about that Andy,
This is one I had my eye on for a long time too, and when they reduced the asking price, I just had to make another attempt to get that shipping issue resolved...

Because we can send packages via DPD till 1.75 cm height.
This plant is over 200 cm....
So if you don't mind that we bend the leaves, I am willing to change the shipping method.

So they managed to squeeze into €32 shipping and avoid the pallet cost...icon_thumright

Admittedly it's been plonked into a building site at for the moment, but will get star billing when the rockery bed is completed...
Andy Martin

Post by Andy Martin »

No problems Simba icon_thumleft I hope it gives you years of pleasure. Look forward to seeing your rockery when completed :D