Yucca Filamentosa

benbaron

Yucca Filamentosa

Post by benbaron »

Just scored a nice freebee which will go very nicely in my garden... icon_cheers

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yucca-Filamen ... 1075142184
Blairs

Re: Yucca Filamentosa

Post by Blairs »

Great catch! Think I paid at least £5 for just one Yucca filamentosa, so you must have £50 worth of plants.
benbaron

Post by benbaron »

Yes Im chuffed - still kicking myself I missed that jubaea chilensis on gum tree though :shock:
flounder

Post by flounder »

Good one.
However, 1p listing, price of the phone call, cost of the thimble full of fuel you used to pick it up....the price is rising! :D
benbaron

Post by benbaron »

Freebie is a freebie - doesn't matter if it costs £100 in petrol (its not doing btw) .... icon_cheers
benbaron

Post by benbaron »

Seems I may have underestimated the size of this, after chatting to the guy it looks like it maybe a bit to big for me to transport easily.
It will be relisted for anybody that wants it get it quickly...
Blairs

Post by Blairs »

benbaron wrote:Seems I may have underestimated the size of this, after chatting to the guy it looks like it maybe a bit to big for me to transport easily.
It will be relisted for anybody that wants it get it quickly...
Would it not fit in a car boot if you took out the shelf? You could take 2 forks to try and separate it to make it transport better.
kata

Post by kata »

No thanks

:lol:
Steph

Post by Steph »

You are crazy, go and cut the spikes off, so long as you push them down into the soil they will root no trouble.
Leave the roots & the bag behind.

I took a broken yucca stem off Freecycle and planted it in my neighbours garden, its coming into flower now!
Someone else on here is bound to want some of the spares.
benbaron

Post by benbaron »

Blairs wrote:
Would it not fit in a car boot if you took out the shelf? You could take 2 forks to try and separate it to make it transport better.
I thought that but then decided Its a nice plant complete for somebody that wouldn't separate it - based on me thinking somebody would love it more than me ;) :)
Blairs

Post by Blairs »

benbaron wrote:
Blairs wrote:
I thought that but then decided Its a nice plant complete for somebody that wouldn't separate it - based on me thinking somebody would love it more than me ;) :)
'Pdid' is from clevelys - perhaps PM him if he is interested?
pdid

Post by pdid »

Thanks for the heads up I will contact the seller later this morning :D
fern Rob

Post by fern Rob »

good buy