Another Arid Bed

Owen

Re: Another Arid Bed

Post by Owen »

Well done guys- a lot of hard work has gone into that- it looks really good- lets hope as you say for no gale force winds!
Ali K

Post by Ali K »

Thanks again guys

Martin, the polytunnel came from here http://www.northernpolytunnels.co.uk/

Melissa, I hate to think how much a polytunnel big enough to cover your arid bed would cost, they are much more expensive than I realised.

Jean, I know what you mean about running out of space, our garden is about 50' x 150', including the garage, and we're running out of room for new plants. Hope to see you both at some meets next year even if you're not buying plants although I bet you couldn't resist buying something :D

Owen, I shall worry a bit every time it's windy. A few years ago we had a 50' eucalyptus blow over in the gales, it took a long time to clear up but luckily didn't do too much damage.
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Ali Si that looks really good, and professional. icon_thumright You had better take the pics around to all those locals who lost out on the work, just to show them how good it has turned out without their help :roll: So basically it is half a polytunnel on its side? Ingenious design and looks very sturdy icon_thumright

I've not been 100% either, but is just making me fall asleep before 10 o'clock, and also words not flowing so not posted much :ahhh!:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by Ali K »

Hi Dave, sorry to hear you've had a touch of 'man flu' too, hope you're feeling better soon and yes it is half a polytunnel. Si has done a real good job so I'm allowing him some time off now to recover from his man flu, I think I have it now but not badly, as you say just a bit tired (and snotty alien ).
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

Just been browsing as you do and came across this thread. CHECK OUT THE PHOTOS ON PAGE 1!!!

Amazing arid bed. How are they doing now Ali?

Kris
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Yes, and I wonder how it all did in Dec 2010.
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by GoggleboxUK »

Great work Ali, looks very natural indeed.

icon_thumright
shanks

Post by shanks »

just come across this as looking for agave threads as just bought my first one, congratulations on the arid bed it looks fantastic, and the poly tunnel idea is great, what is the 4 head grass like tree top left corner of picture?