"HOW TO GROW colocasias/Xanthosoma bought from a marketVIDEO

flounder

Re: "HOW TO GROW colocasias/Xanthosoma bought from a marketV

Post by flounder »

The cheapest I got last year was £1.38 for seven.....gonna go for it this year and get 3 quids worth icon_thumright
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

good luck Barry.
Last edited by Yorkshire Kris on Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dino

Post by dino »

Had them in my local Morrisons for the first time, worked out at 32p each. Had to tell the checkout girl what they where.
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

Bumping this up as I've had a lot of PMs about it. icon_thumleft
Palmer

Post by Palmer »

Great video Kris… it’s not a method I’ve tried before but I will definitely give bag method ago!!

The peroxide idea is brilliant! Wander if that would be effective when pre-soaking nana seeds too. icon_thumleft
Palmer

Post by Palmer »

Interesting stuff that hydrogen peroxide Kris… wander if it would be an effective insecticide against Red Spider Mite

Helps Plants!
It is hydrogen peroxide in rainwater that makes it so much more effective than tap water when given to plants. With the increased levels of atmospheric pollution, however, greater amounts of H202 react with air-borne toxins and never reach the ground. To compensate for this, many farmers have been increasing crop yields by spraying them with diluted hydrogen peroxide (5 to 16 ounces of 35% mixed with 20 gallons of water per acre). You can achieve the same beneficial effect with your house plants by adding 1 ounce of 3% hydrogen peroxide (or 16 drops of 35% solution) to every quart of water you give your plants. (It can also be made into an excellent safe insecticide. Simply spray your plants with 8 ounces of 3% peroxide mixed with 8 ounces of white sugar and one gallon of water.