New member glad to be here

Kerinsian

Re: New member glad to be here

Post by Kerinsian »

Hi Mike, welcome :)
The pm function will arrive pretty quickly, just keep chatting and posting and you'll have access before you know it! icon_thumleft

Lovely pictures, I don't have any aroids myself as I'm really new to trying to use more exotic planting, but I'm glad that you are here to share your experiences of them. Between you, Dave and a couple of other members, I'll have plenty of advice available when I do take the plunge with those plants :)
Kristen

Post by Kristen »

miketropic wrote:thanks tried it and havent heard anything
its a one man band show here, so you'll need to be patient. As I understand it every new member is individually evaluated before they are upgraded, so its not just a question of an Admin clicking "yes". The upside is that as a consequence there aren't any spammers or any of that sort of junk on this board.
kata

Post by kata »

i
ts a one man band show here
Wrong answer....... :mrgreen: Well partly anyway.

Aidan and Dave Brown run the forum. Aido being tech,upgrades etc and Dave running the forum Thats my understanding anyway.
Kristen

Post by Kristen »

You're correct Kata in the literal sense, but in my parlance one-man-band is synonymous with a small outfit.

Maybe they both do approvals? Dunno the answer to that one, but I thought that Dave took all those sorts of tasks solely on his own shoulders.
miketropic

Post by miketropic »

no worrys I'll just keep on pressing on. I really need to go out and check on the plants in a few were gettin some strong winds from the tropical storm down south and I would bet some heavy rain isn't far behind that.
Troppoz

Post by Troppoz »

Hi Mike and welcome to the forum icon_thumleft

Im an aroid lover and spent most of my life in the tropics here in Australia where I grew lots of aroids, love the look of the big heartshaped leaves. My most treasured possession is Alocasia robusta which I had been searching for all my life and found one on Ebay a few months back. Its just a tiddler but Im hoping the sub-equatorial heat of Darwin is to its liking. No guarantees with that one as its touchy at the best of time and since Ive now moved to the wintry south of the country Ive left it behind with my step-father so I hope its still there when I get back up that way.

Anyway we love photos here so dont hold back on sharing your plants and garden with us...
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Troppoz wrote: Ive left it behind with my step-father so I hope its still there when I get back up that way.

Didn't he massacre your Anthurium collection Sean :ahhh!:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by miketropic »

summer is comming to a end rather fast here in the US nightime lows are in the 50's and supposed be down to the 40's a few nights this week so I snapped a pic real fast before I put them up

this is the new calo Lemon Lime Gecko when I got it it was right from tissue culture and was tiny.. it has got some nice leaves on it this summer and the stems are streaked so much.. cant wait to have this out all summer as a large plant next year

miketropic

Post by miketropic »

since I have so much that has to be stored inside or dormant I went ahead started today potting up the smaller stuff and things.. I figured it was as good a time as any to get the runners broken loose. All these came from 1 black ruffle mother plant this season.. 11 large runners here another in a differant pot and one was given away so 13 in total this year.. should make me a little extra money at the flea market next year if they all pull through the winter :lol:

Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Yeah, I noticed even as far south as Andrew Leanard (Charlotte NC) was only the mid 60s (18C) today, so it has cooled off quickly after all that HEAT. Cooling off here as well but not as dramatically.

Good looking Ruffles you have there :wink:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by Troppoz »

Dave Brown wrote:
Troppoz wrote: Ive left it behind with my step-father so I hope its still there when I get back up that way.

Didn't he massacre your Anthurium collection Sean :ahhh!:

Correct Dave :( odds arent great are they...