What's up with this Colocasia?

ourarka

What's up with this Colocasia?

Post by ourarka »

I have been overwintering this Colocasia (Black Beauty you all identified) in an unheated conservatory and it has been doing great. I have kept it damp, other than when the temperature has got cold. I left it in someone else's care whilst I was away and came back to find it wilted/drooped like this. I gave it a good drink 2-3 days ago but no change. Any ideas/suggestions?
Attachments
image.jpg
Steady

Re: What's up with this Colocasia?

Post by Steady »

Maybe it was missing you?
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Looks like it is going dormant to me. If it is in an unheated place it has probably got too cold. I haven't managed to keep Black Beauty going this winter, it has just been too dull, dismal. dank and dreary, for donkeys :roll:

Just leave it to dry out now and it will come back to life in April or May
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by allangreenbean »

My Burgundy stem has done just the same, in an unheated conservatory but it did it just before a new leaf emerged.

Have been watering also. Mine is right near the window to get as much light as possible.

Never grown one before so assuming its just normal, was worried until new leaf emerged.

My t-rex are sat nearby and are raring to go icon_cheers
miketropic

Post by miketropic »

my t rex's have took a dive. leaves kept going yellow so I repotted to a bigger pot and now each only has 1 tiny leaf left..hope they don't go on me before spring.
ourarka

Post by ourarka »

So where is the best place for this Colocasia now?

Room temperature + dry
Room temperature + damp
Conservatory + dry
Conservatory + damp
None of the above?
ourarka

Post by ourarka »

So, here is the current state of this Colocasia. It has been kept in a warm room with a reasonable amount of light. What is the best for it over the coming weeks? I can do conservatory, cool room or warm room?
Attachments
image.jpg