KY plant sale/ new plants

miketropic

KY plant sale/ new plants

Post by miketropic » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:59 pm

Went to a local plant sale today and picked up a load of things mostly perennials I also met up with Brian. picked up a puckered up and a few others from him as well. He Gave me a victorias gigante ( the new thai giant hybrid ) to try out and see how it does for me in the garden this year. anyone interested in anything from there let me know I'll be going down in a few weeks to pick up most of my stuff for this year.

bad pic but this is the victorious giant.

Its in a 4 inch pot now with 3 leaves..we will see what the end result is after the summer
moonshine made in the kentucky tropics

Dave Brown
Site Admin

Re: KY plant sale/ new plants

Post by Dave Brown » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:04 am

Saw Brian's post on fb about Victoria gigante. He named it after the giant water lily as the edges of the leaves are turned up as a rim.

I have Noble gigante on order from Amulree at the moment I'll see how that one goes when I get it. :wink:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

miketropic

Re: KY plant sale/ new plants

Post by miketropic » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:29 pm

The one he had in the garden last year was HUGE Dave so I expect the same out of yours. I plan on going down in a few weeks with the truck to bring back a haul for this summer. How is the regular Thai Giant doing? Be good to see how the black performs next to the original.
moonshine made in the kentucky tropics