Colocasia "White Lava"

miketropic

Colocasia "White Lava"

Post by miketropic »

This is the new release from Dr. cho. only been out a week or 2 and very hard to find, at least it was for me. picked up a few of them at a good price.

Colocasia "white lava"

semi gloss leaf with white veins like "nancys revenge". white vein starts to show on semi mature leaves
Purple eye and purple stem
props by above ground runners
could be a smaller type yet to be seen.

My plants

you can check out there sample pic from there website at viva plants. maybe be in the UK by next year sometime? Its 32.2C out there I'm going to take a nap icon_thumleft
The Codfather

Re: Colocasia "White Lava"

Post by The Codfather »

Niceeeee icon_salut
AKA - Martin

Wish list - Big Palms or Dicksonia antarctica's but open to anything really.....Cash Waiting !
miketropic

Post by miketropic »

they look really good and wre miss marked as colius so I got them for a steal!...just trying to find a place to put them now. will keep updates on how they do once I get them in the ground.
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

miketropic wrote:they look really good and wre miss marked as colius so I got them for a steal!...
Nice one Mike :lol: someone really knows their plants then :lol:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by GREVILLE »

Don't lose the label, Mike :lol:
miketropic

Post by miketropic »

it said "CONG COLIUS 3.88" (£2.52)..my friend and I grabbed 12 of them :lol: . I took 3 home he is putting the rest on ebay icon_thumleft we had another 32C dayand they are holding up to full sun very well. very very fast to put out pups. I am waiting to get a leaf with the full white veins..

I can't say much but I would be on the look out for alot of white vein types soon
miketropic

Post by miketropic »

I believe these were released in a rush due to there strange behavior. this is a double leaf from a stolen.

also flowering very early. the flower looks more like a very ugly deformed leaf..yet to open I ill take pics when it does and attempt to get pollen for a cross later this year.

miketropic

Post by miketropic »

I let that plant flower out and had 2 flowers at one time..neither matured and were empty. it is putting out alot of nice leaves with white on them though.