Red elephant ears

B19bst

Red elephant ears

Post by B19bst »

Does any one have these or know where to get them

Here is a pic I found, really like them.

Dave Brown
Site Admin

Re: Red elephant ears

Post by Dave Brown »

They are Caladiums, a member of the Aroids. Only problem is they are tropical, and don't like temps below around 15C. They are also from areas with a wet and dry season, so need a rest overwinter. Really good plant if grown well, but struggle outside in summer. :roll:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by B19bst »

That's a shame as they look lovely
Steph

Post by Steph »

Does anyone know a supplier of Caladium bulbs?
Was only this weekend I was looking, the UK suppliers are few & far between and expensive, was thinking/hoping to find a European company selling them.
Kristen

Post by Kristen »

B19bst wrote:Does any one know where to get them
I got my Caladiums from http://www.angliabulbs.com (their site is offline for upgrading at the moment). They were about £2 each from memory.
GREVILLE

Post by GREVILLE »

You'll get four different varieties from Anglia bulbs, Dean, Two red, two white.

I managed to keep them outside only in high summer. One grew well in a hot spot whilst the other did even better in a small pot 50/50 MPC and perlite which was plunged below soil level and regularly watered with warm water.
GREVILLE

Post by GREVILLE »

You'll get four different varieties from Anglia bulbs, Dean, Two red, two white.

I managed to keep them outside only in high summer. One grew well in a hot spot whilst the other did even better in a small pot 50/50 MPC and perlite which was plunged below soil level and regularly watered with warm water.
miketropic

Post by miketropic »

There has been an explosion of them over here with at least 20 types available all summer