colocasia gigantea

benbaron

Re: colocasia gigantea

Post by benbaron »

Blairs wrote: I got one (well actually, alocasia calidora) - arrived today and seems OK. Was £4 + £3 postage, so not bad.

Is it what they say it is? or too early to tell?
Blairs

Post by Blairs »

benbaron wrote:
Blairs wrote: I got one (well actually, alocasia calidora) - arrived today and seems OK. Was £4 + £3 postage, so not bad.

I specifically bought the Calidora - sorry for the confusion. Just trying to start the bulb now.
benbaron

Post by benbaron »

Blairs wrote:
benbaron wrote:

I specifically bought the Calidora - sorry for the confusion. Just trying to start the bulb now.
Yeah I get that but is it a Calidora that you received? What I'm trying to get at is that if they are at least sending stuff like that out, that is what is on the tin then it gives a little more confidence...

cheers icon_cheers
Blairs

Post by Blairs »

The rhizome was radish sized and looks right...I suppose not counting chickens till hatching comes to mind just in case.
benbaron

Post by benbaron »

Cool icon_thumleft
leunerj

Post by leunerj »

I received my Colocasia Thai Giant from Albert (username: acphm) today and it's a cracker! Even though it's a young plant, the leaves are already as big as C. esculenta so I can't wait to see what it does as it grows up :o

It's looking a bit sorry for itself after 5 days in transit but I'll post some pictures once it's potted up and looking strong.