ALOCASIA STINGRAY

tatter

ALOCASIA STINGRAY

Post by tatter »

Spotted this at a garden center today liked it so much I bought it. It was in the houseplant section but as anyone grown one of these outside during summer and had it survive overwinter a. outdoors heavily mulched
b. indoors. house or cold greenhouse. c. kept dry overwinter in pots and re started in spring.
thanks
Jim
I'm older than yesterday but younger than tomorrow
GREVILLEAJ

ALOCASIA STINGRAY

Post by GREVILLEAJ »

More common as a houseplant therefore don't put it in direct sunlight. It might be better to plunge the entire plant pot and all along with a shallow drip tray. It may do better with (warmed) rainwater as a build of salts from any hard water may interfere with growth. Keep it fed in summer. Lift out the whole plant pot and all to bring in for winter (probably October) and place in a sunny window sill.
tatter

ALOCASIA STINGRAY

Post by tatter »

GREVILLEAJ wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:45 pm More common as a houseplant therefore don't put it in direct sunlight. It might be better to plunge the entire plant pot and all along with a shallow drip tray. It may do better with (warmed) rainwater as a build of salts from any hard water may interfere with growth. Keep it fed in summer. Lift out the whole plant pot and all to bring in for winter (probably October) and place in a sunny window sill.
Thanks will do
Jim
I'm older than yesterday but younger than tomorrow