Alocasia porti

derrick

Alocasia porti

Post by derrick »

Winter care for Alocaia P .My Alocasia P lost all its roots and died back.I stuck it in the ground in the summer .When i dug it up it had less roots then ended up with none .Now it decided to grow new roots and start growing again .This had been kept in a student house for years so dont no how old it is.?
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Re: Alocasia porti

Post by Dave Brown »

It seems typical for Alocasia, if it is not in growing conditions it likes it will lose roots normally followed by leaves. It then sits there dormant. When conditions are more to it's liking, it regrows :wink:

Not sure of the conditions required for A porti, but one of the more accommodating ones is Lari-ann Garner's Alocasia x portora, a hibrid between A porti and A odora I believe. They grow huge for me, and are one of the more cool/wet tolerant Alocasia.
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Re: Alocasia porti

Post by derrick »

Its just went dormant and started growing 2 3 months later .Last year i lost Alocasia mack it went mushy.Im happy this Alocasia has started to grow again i havent lost it i had a look today and a new leaf is on its way.Thanks for the info Dave .