Bamboo shooting dates 2012

Andy P

Re: Bamboo shooting dates 2012

Post by Andy P »

Phyllostachys Bissetii 27 April 2012. YAY!!!! icon_cheers Just noticed two new culms shooting through this afternoon which is brilliant as they`ve only been planted out for about 4 weeks.I thought they wouldn`t throw up any new culms until they`d been in the ground for a good while and became established. My thinking was obviously wrong. Best discovery i made today in my garden as it means they are happy where i`ve put them and i can`t wait to watch them romp away. Will post some pics on this post as they grow.
marinedrift

Post by marinedrift »

Yorkshire Kris wrote::lol:
Dave Brown wrote:Sasa Palmata re-appeared last week so I shot it down. Date of it's shooting, 26th March

:lol: That's a bamboo I'm unlikely ever to get!
I can dig you a bit out if you want to come to dronfield
marinedrift

Post by marinedrift »

Phyllostachys nigra 28th April
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

marinedrift wrote:
Yorkshire Kris wrote::lol:
Dave Brown wrote:Sasa Palmata re-appeared last week so I shot it down. Date of it's shooting, 26th March

:lol: That's a bamboo I'm unlikely ever to get!
I can dig you a bit out if you want to come to dronfield

Cheers but a bit too invasive for my small garden. icon_thumleft
jacko

Post by jacko »

phyllostachys shanghai 3 22.05.12
fieldfest

Post by fieldfest »

p.nigra 23/5/12

at last....

icon_sunny
Andy P

Post by Andy P »

fargesia murielae vampire 24th May 2012
Adam D

Post by Adam D »

Andy P wrote:Phyllostachys Bissetii 27 April 2012. YAY!!!! icon_cheers Just noticed two new culms shooting through this afternoon which is brilliant as they`ve only been planted out for about 4 weeks.I thought they wouldn`t throw up any new culms until they`d been in the ground for a good while and became established. My thinking was obviously wrong. Best discovery i made today in my garden as it means they are happy where i`ve put them and i can`t wait to watch them romp away. Will post some pics on this post as they grow.
My bissetii still have not shown any new culms and that's almost a month since you noticed yours moving :(
Andy P

Post by Andy P »

Adam D wrote:
Andy P wrote:Phyllostachys Bissetii 27 April 2012. YAY!!!! icon_cheers Just noticed two new culms shooting through this afternoon which is brilliant as they`ve only been planted out for about 4 weeks.I thought they wouldn`t throw up any new culms until they`d been in the ground for a good while and became established. My thinking was obviously wrong. Best discovery i made today in my garden as it means they are happy where i`ve put them and i can`t wait to watch them romp away. Will post some pics on this post as they grow.
My bissetii still have not shown any new culms and that's almost a month since you noticed yours moving :(
Well i`ve got 2 of them Adam. One is throwing up lots of new Culms while the other one is doing nothing. They are both planted only a few yards away from each other in the same soil too.
Adam D

Post by Adam D »

^^^^

Andy,

I have three of them that were planted out in Oct 2003 and they never shoot at exactly the same time. The middle one is first, then the one on the right and finally the one on the left!
Yorkshire Kris

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

Nothing yet on my vivax aureocaulis or parvifolia.
Yorkshire Kris

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

Vivax aureocaulis now shooting!
Mr List

Post by Mr List »

what a difference a day makes....
just 24 little hours.....
Yorkshire Kris

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

P edulis 29th May!
Adam D

Post by Adam D »

Woohay! 2 new culms on my Phyll. bissetii.

I also found a culm on my Semiarundinaria fastuosa and 3 on my Phyllostachys aureosulcata aureocaulis :)