Bamboo sticky residue

gdudey

Bamboo sticky residue

Post by gdudey »

I noticed earlier that my pseudosasa japonica has a clear sticky residue on the leaves and its pot. Is this normal? It was potted on from from its previous pot bound state about a month ago and its been well watered. I read it elsewhere it could be a bug infestation but i can't see any. :?
Andy P

Re: Bamboo sticky residue

Post by Andy P »

I`ve found that i get the same thing on my Basjoos when they get an Aphid infestation. I`ve got a Pseudosasa Japonica and it`s certainly not normal for it to have that `sticky residue` on the leaves. I`d definately suspect some sort of bug infestation if it did. No harm in giving it a good spray of Pravado.
Mr List

Post by Mr List »

mine is like that, absolutely covered in aphids.

they are everywhere in my garden.
Trudytropics

Post by Trudytropics »

Yep I'd agree, had white fly infestation last year, my bamboo's were sticky. I blasted them regularly with a hose pipe, you could see the little critters flying about. When its dry again a good spray with provado, you may have to do it more than once. This worked for me, so fingers crossed :D
gdudey

Post by gdudey »

Thanks everyone. It turned out to be whitefly and their kids hiding under the lower leaves. The plant was absolutely infested I got rid of loads with some ultra bug clear spray. I'll get some provado in the week. Thanks again!
Andy P

Post by Andy P »

Result ! :D icon_thumleft