Vivax vs Vivax aureacaulis?.

karl66

Vivax vs Vivax aureacaulis?.

Post by karl66 »

Whats the main difference between these two size & habit wise?. karl.
jacko

Re: Vivax vs Vivax aureacaulis?.

Post by jacko »

ordinary green vivax is said to be more upright but not as tall as aureocaulis,to be honest there isnt much in it apart from colour.also i think the leaves on the ordinary vivax are slightly larger.
karl66

Post by karl66 »

Ok, i've got some nice size vivax aureocaulis coming next wk & some large bissetti. jacko, when you said normal vivax is green its got me thinking whether the aurea i purchased a few months back is acctually vivax as the culms are as thick as pick axe handles!. karl.
jacko

Post by jacko »

looking at your photos on the 'bamboo thickness' thread lower down they definately look like aurea's.very thick aurea's though,ive never seen them that thick must have been fed with some amazing fertilizer.they look fantastic hope mine get that big one day :lol:
karl66

Post by karl66 »

jacko, a chap who visited me recently also comented that he'd never seen aurea so thick either!, on a side note i planted a nice castilonis ' inversa' yesterday & the colouring's on it are amazing. karl.
jacko

Post by jacko »

nice one karl,sounds like you have quite an impressive collection of bamboos there.going to look amazing in a couple of years.