phyllostachys nigra size.

jungle jas

Re: phyllostachys nigra size.

Post by jungle jas »

jacko wrote:yeah it is an interesting coincidence icon_scratch food for thought.where about in wales are you from jas?just curious are you far from me?
Arthog, not that far from you, but on the warm side of Wales. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: icon_thumright
jacko

Post by jacko »

near barmouth,nice.definitely warmer than here in the hills.
jungle jas

Post by jungle jas »

jacko wrote:near barmouth,nice.definitely warmer than here in the hills.
Yes every time I go to Shrewsbury I travel through Welshpool, thermometer in the car always shows a decrease in temperature when I get there. Ive noticed it seems to rain a lot there as well. Is it similar in Newtown or are you at a lower altitude?
jacko

Post by jacko »

welshpool being only 15 or so miles away we get similar weather but i do think its windier here in newtown,and yes lots of rain.
jungle jas

Post by jungle jas »

jacko wrote:welshpool being only 15 or so miles away we get similar weather but i do think its windier here in newtown,and yes lots of rain.
Ever thought of moving? Life's to short to spend it in the wind and rain! icon_thumright
jacko

Post by jacko »

if i won the lottery i'd move.its not that bad here really.bamboos seem to love the climate here :lol:
jacko

Post by jacko »

some pics taken today from the bedroom window of the top half of my nigra leafing up at 24ft and a vivax culm reaching the 27ft mark,plus one showing its width.
Attachments
p.nigra
p.nigra
p.vivax huangwenzhu
p.vivax huangwenzhu
p.vivax huangwenzhu
p.vivax huangwenzhu
jungle jas

Post by jungle jas »

Looking good Jacko. icon_thumright