Fargesia Jiuzhaigou Genf.

karl66

Fargesia Jiuzhaigou Genf.

Post by karl66 »

I have managed to locate a 15litre pot of this today, does anyone grow this variety?. karl.
jacko

Re: Fargesia Jiuzhaigou Genf.

Post by jacko »

i do karl.it is a nice variety that has a delicate look with plenty of frothy foliage.it is well hardy coped well with december 2010 completely untouched by sustained -14c.about 9ft to 10ft height,clumping and the culms take on a nice purple brown colour in early spring after winter.new culms can take up to next year to branch and leaf up.good for shaded area.
karl66

Post by karl66 »

Thanks jacko, another fergesia I fancy trying is scabrida Asian wonder?, if you grow this, whats your thoughts please. karl.
jacko

Post by jacko »

fargesia scabrida june this year
fargesia scabrida june this year
scabrida is great with a lovely peachy orange colour to the sheathes especially when wet.fast growing and hardy.mines 3yrs old and already 8ft with plenty of culms produced each year.is always the first to produce culms in early spring.
karl66

Post by karl66 »

Many thanks jacko, I shall pick that one up tomorrow on your recommendation!!, the guy I've had the last few fargesia's off also has rufa & nitilda but i'm sure these last few are a less tall growing variety. karl.
jacko

Post by jacko »

nitida can grow quite tall i've seen a specimen around 16ft.rufa on the other hand is much smaller around 6 - 7ft.