My ensete 'Montbeliardii' update.

Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Re: My ensete Ensete ventricosum 'Montbeliardii' update.

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

I dont know mate. I have fed mine with Miracle grow 2-3 times MAX since I got them and watered them when on the dry side- that's it.
sanatic1234

Post by sanatic1234 »

about the same as me then mate. Very strange? i will give another once over for inspection of Red Spider Mite and see if i find anything.
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

My two 8footers are in small pots 7 inch deep, 9 inch wide and yes they are pot bound!
sanatic1234

Post by sanatic1234 »

Mine is a 9 inch pot deep (23cms) and width is 9 inch also (23cms). I really don't know what is going on with mine to be honest. I am very baffled by it. Glad yours is growing well. icon_thumleft
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Yorkshire Kris wrote:Sorry to say this but it does look a little on the small side?
That size is fine for overwintering dry, see my 'Montbeliardii' history topic, the first pic from back in 2009.

They like plenty of water and feed in the growing period, and I do the same for Ensete as I do for Colocasia, apart from sitting in water.....Water copiuously, and feed little and often :wink: Allowing it to get dry during warm spells will cause the lower leaves to to die and dry. Giving the equivalent of an Ethiopian summer wet season, they don't lose any leaves in my experience.
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by sanatic1234 »

Thanks dave. At least with mine growing slow i know it won't out grow the height of my lobby in a hurry. :-)
I have just read the whole of your topic again for the 4th or 5th time now? and i really am impressed with the colour of yours. It looks great. 8)