My ensete 'Montbeliardii' update.

kata

Re: My ensete 'Montbeliardii' update.

Post by kata »

I did'nt ask Mark about the competition,

I thought it may be a joke due to height of Dave's plant.

:lol: :lol:
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

Dave Brown wrote:I would have posted a pic of my new 'Montbeliardii'. My order was confirmed on 19th August but then nothing. After a month I emailed asking for a delivery date, and received this reply.

Sorry Dave but you are a competitor and its our policy not to sell to our competition. No money has been taken and the order cancelled. I trust you can understand our motives without taking any offence.

Kind Regards

Peter

I'm not taking offence, but I am struggling to understand the motive icon_scratch icon_scratch

Ensete Montbelardii only appears to live for 5 to seven years in our climate, so mine could be about to flower in the next couple of years. I'm not even sure if it will set seed, but even if it does they will not come true. As I don't have a replacement now to carry on, next year Mighty 'Montbeliardii' is set for the chop to try and produce a pup or two to carry on :wink:

Here is Mighty 'Montbeliardii' after Ex Hurricane Irene, but before Ex Hurricane Katia

Strange decison??? I hope you gets some pups in the future.
sanatic1234

Post by sanatic1234 »

[quote="Darlo Mark"]San , pots are too small! It'll be a nutrinent shortage. But too late for this year, if you overwinter it give a bigger pot next year!
quote]

Yeah i know Darlo, I have been putting off re-potting as i was going to store it bare rooted so i didn't see the point in re-potting it so late on, BUT.... now i think i will bring it indoors and keep it growing so i will put it in to a bigger pot and give loads of perlite to make sure it does not rot. :)
Darlo Mark

Post by Darlo Mark »

well you should get a BIG plant next year then -good luck!
sanatic1234

Post by sanatic1234 »

Thanks Darlo icon_thumleft
fieldfest

Post by fieldfest »

Dave Brown wrote:I would have posted a pic of my new 'Montbeliardii'. My order was confirmed on 19th August but then nothing. After a month I emailed asking for a delivery date, and received this reply.

Sorry Dave but you are a competitor and its our policy not to sell to our competition. No money has been taken and the order cancelled. I trust you can understand our motives without taking any offence.

Kind Regards

Peter

I'm not taking offence, but I am struggling to understand the motive icon_scratch icon_scratch

Ensete Montbelardii only appears to live for 5 to seven years in our climate, so mine could be about to flower in the next couple of years. I'm not even sure if it will set seed, but even if it does they will not come true. As I don't have a replacement now to carry on, next year Mighty 'Montbeliardii' is set for the chop to try and produce a pup or two to carry on :wink:

Here is Mighty 'Montbeliardii' after Ex Hurricane Irene, but before Ex Hurricane Katia
in what way are you a competitor? you dont sell them on do you?
gabriel

Post by gabriel »

Yorkshire Kris wrote:Glad the winds have not got to it Aaron!

Maybe needs more water/food? Saying that mine have only had a bit of miracle grow twice since I got them and not as yellow. Another factor is the temps? Mine have been kept in my open garage or the green house so a bit warmer.

For winter mine will go in the house or perhaps one in the greenhouse and one in the house. Height is a big issue!
Are You going to store them bare rooted or potted Kris?I am asking because i have one myself which is not big as i received it in September, i wanted to store it bare rooted but maybe it's too small.Second thing is it has a pup which is oround 10cm high so maybe if i store it in pot the pup will survive,
regards
G
flounder

Post by flounder »

a pup on an ensete? please post piccie!
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

They Will continue growing inside. They are big enough to store dry but i want a head start for next year.
gabriel

Post by gabriel »

flounder wrote:a pup on an ensete? please post piccie!
there you go :)
Attachments
IMG-20110927-00008.jpg
gabriel

Post by gabriel »

and another one,
I was supprised myself
Attachments
IMG-20110927-00009[1].jpg
gabriel

Post by gabriel »

Yorkshire Kris wrote:They Will continue growing inside. They are big enough to store dry but i want a head start for next year.
Thanks Kris i think i will do the same icon_salut
sanatic1234

Post by sanatic1234 »

gabriel is that a pup on a 'Montbeliardii'?
gabriel

Post by gabriel »

sanatic1234 wrote:gabriel is that a pup on a 'Montbeliardii'?
yes it is icon_cheers
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

gabriel wrote:
sanatic1234 wrote:gabriel is that a pup on a 'Montbeliardii'?
yes it is icon_cheers
So Gabriel is the competition, not me :lol:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright