Musella lasiocarpa var. Rubribracteata

gekko1966

Re: Musella lasiocarpa var. Rubribracteata

Post by gekko1966 »

have to get them soon, it looks like :-)
Maybe I have to get them Indiana Jones-style , lol
miketropic

Post by miketropic »

when bajoo was first avaliable it was crazy expencive..look at it now. I feel like when this one is out there for sale the first few years the price will be insane.
gekko1966

Post by gekko1966 »

Insane prices ? absolutely not possible. We don't live in the 80's anymore.
Will it be more expensive ? yes ofcourse because there is not enough supply, but it will get in TC soon so i would guess, give it a half year and prices will be reasonable.

But first I have to get it ofcourse.
I'm China Right now, so sorry, i can't make any replies on facebook. I will be facebook-dead untill febr 11 :-)
I know its here, thing is now ,getting it.

greetz
peter
Palmer

Post by Palmer »

The first attempt at tissue culturing this plant proved unsuccessful with severe browning on the leaves of the resulting clones, I understand in this case the material that was used to TC the plant was unopened young flowers buds!
Perhaps better results could be obtained by using the Meristem from the corm, that would destroy that plant… but it is a less complicated and more commonly practiced method.
Good luck with your mission!!! It would be cool to have one growing in my garden one day :)
gekko1966

Post by gekko1966 »

Thanks ! Very bad idea to use cells from the flower for TC. I wouldn't even start TC with these cells.
I know, we most likely have to kill the first 2-3 plants to get at least 3 clean "growing tips' ! Only then a succcesfull TC is possible.

But it's well hidden that plant. Well, rather not hidden but some people are "hiding' it :-)
give it some time, it will turn up !

keep you informed