Is this musa unfurling ok?

ourarka

Is this musa unfurling ok?

Post by ourarka »

Here is my main overwintered (in a chimney pipe) Basjoo. I am really happy with the height it has retained and as you can see if popping rollers out this Spring. The first, partially unfurled one however has not moved for a while and remains 'upright'. Is it stuck like this, and will this cause a problem ..... or am I just being mega impatient?!!
Attachments
DSCN1961.JPG
DSCN1962.JPG
eddie

Re: Is this musa unfurling ok?

Post by eddie »

Looks fine to me.

icon_thumright
Washingtonia Trachycarpus Cordyline? Bamboos Olive tree? Bananas
Vagetarian

Post by Vagetarian »

I had one get properly stuck recently, the new growth burst out of the stem 2" above the soil. :( (It is fine now BTW, albeit considerably shorter :lol: )

Yours looks good to me too! Good job on the overwintering too, looks great!

It looks a LOT better than the sikkimensis I left outside for the last 3 weeks! :lol:
flounder

Post by flounder »

The only problem I can see is.....oh, there isn't one icon_thumright
ourarka

Post by ourarka »

Excellent - post-winter paranoia setting in!
sanatic1234

Post by sanatic1234 »

my potted one that was inside for the winter looks worse than that in a big way the roller is all brown but the stem is looking really good, i have given it water and it just does not want to wake up for some reason. yet my outdoor ones are growing, A pup no higher than 10cm's survived the whole winter with no protection :shock: and a bigger one was cut down to the ground, whilst another one about 8ft away kept the whole of its stem and was only wrapped in 2 layers of fleece. But yours looks really good ourarka.