Musa AeAe corm

mushtaq86

Re: Musa AeAe corm

Post by mushtaq86 »

Sassy Sparrow wrote:
mushtaq86 wrote:
Sassy Sparrow wrote:Found it. He's from Florida.

Is there probably a source in Europe? Have heard of the very high phyto-costs from USA.
Thanks!
Peter White's in UK have them,out of stock for this year though,not sure if they ship them out of UK.I have never seen a phyto in my life and a lot of my nanas had come from US :lol: as long as the person who is sending it,communicates with your self there is no need for phyto :wink:
Thanks for the info about Peter White!

Nice that you never saw a phyto, but I have to correct you: even when you communicate a lot with the sender, you need a phyto for a plant import from USA to Germany when Customs confiscates your shipment.
In such a case all communication is worth nothing! And I've already experienced that case. :evil: So I'm interested in a phyto for expensive plants.

Do you honestly believe by obtaining a phyto,you will receive the plant quicker or easier, there is more chance you will get the plant confiscated with phyto as there will be more checks :ahhh!: i think your best option would be,communicating with one of you exotic nurseries that sell bananas in Germany,which could get a Ae Ae for you in the future.
Sassy Sparrow

Post by Sassy Sparrow »

mushtaq86 wrote:....i think your best option would be,communicating with one of you exotic nurseries that sell bananas in Germany,which could get a Ae Ae for you in the future.
Already tried to get an AeAe from several nurseries here. But as always: without success :( :( :(
miketropic

Post by miketropic »

I havent tried greenie but there is another member on bananas who who contacted me and has about 20 pups but none are ready to ship and wont be till sometime in the spring. he acually havested 2 bunchs this year so If he says I need to wait I'll wait I figure he knows what hes doing icon_thumleft . should be able to get at least 1 maybe 2 from him. he gave me a decent price but nothing is cheap when it comes to AeAe in the states.
Sassy Sparrow

Post by Sassy Sparrow »

miketropic wrote:I havent tried greenie but there is another member on bananas who who contacted me and has about 20 pups but none are ready to ship and wont be till sometime in the spring. he acually havested 2 bunchs this year so If he says I need to wait I'll wait I figure he knows what hes doing icon_thumleft . should be able to get at least 1 maybe 2 from him. he gave me a decent price but nothing is cheap when it comes to AeAe in the states.
Mike, I'd like to send you a pm, but can't :( Is it possible for you to write to me? Thank you!
Mick B

Post by Mick B »

Update on the Musa AeAe.

Now has six leaves showing. Probably not as variegated as some I have seen, but this maybe an advantage in keeping this plant. I like this plant it has character! Each leaf is different!

It is still on windowsill even though it has been -6C outside, inside min has been around the 10C mark (double glazing!) and still on overnight heating tray on timer.

Watering is now once every two weeks by pouring rain water on the heated tray and allowing it to suck water from below, nothing from the top now or any feeding.
Attachments
DSCF7082.JPG
DSCF7090.JPG
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

Beautiful.
GREVILLE

Post by GREVILLE »

Top banana, Mick. Is that the best one in the UK?
miketropic

Post by miketropic »

that is a wonderful nana. I cannot wait to get mine in the spring.maybe a slightly bit more acid in the soil and you can get a bit more white out of it if you like but I believe your right the more green the better chance of survival there.
fern Rob

Post by fern Rob »

Hi, What a plant. That's one for the christmas list :) :lol: .
pdid

Post by pdid »

If anyone is after one of these or Musa Tanee Simon at Amulree will be getting some stock in limited numbers ready for Spring. I enquired but the price is too much for me at the moment but reflects the risk he is taking bringing us these sought after plants.
miketropic

Post by miketropic »

I think thats great that a regular nursery is willing to try and stock them.. just curious what was the going price for that and a tanee?
grub

Post by grub »

miketropic wrote:I think thats great that a regular nursery is willing to try and stock them.. just curious what was the going price for that and a tanee?
I think they're £150 but cheaper if you pre-order now.
pdid

Post by pdid »

grub wrote:
miketropic wrote:I think thats great that a regular nursery is willing to try and stock them.. just curious what was the going price for that and a tanee?
I think they're £150 but cheaper if you pre-order now.
Yep £150 or £125 if you pay upfront.
miketropic

Post by miketropic »

well I'm glad someone is doing it but :ahhh!: at the price..that is almost triple what they cost in the states..I had one offered to me today a large corm and p stem for £79 shipped to my door. Id really have to want one bad to pay that price but good luck to all who get one. mine should be here in april, I paid £50 for it.
Mick B

Post by Mick B »

Hi All,

Another update on AeAe. Managed to come through Winter/Spring OK, then decided to repot into a larger pot then placed outside in early June...leaves started turning brown even though in shade. I am guessing it may have been the colder nights which caused this. Any ideas?

Repotted back again into a smaller pot and placed on heat mat in my shed. Produced a nice new variegated leaf, so seems to have recovered OK. May move outside again in the shade...good idea? Just need to know what caused the browning of leaves if anyone knows.

A few pics of it now.

Thanks.
Attachments
DSC00601.jpg
DSC00613aa.jpg
DSC00614aa.jpg
DSC00615aa.jpg
DSC00616aa.jpg