Tight maurelli leaves

The Codfather

Re: Tight maurelli leaves

Post by The Codfather »

I am far from experienced....but it looks normal... icon_scratch if any thing it looks as though it would benefit from being planted during the year and lifted during winter.
AKA - Martin

Wish list - Big Palms or Dicksonia antarctica's but open to anything really.....Cash Waiting !
B19bst

Post by B19bst »

So I don't need too cut it.

I wondered if it could be the weather as its in full sun from around 11 in the morning til 7 at night andvascits been really hot it's shot up . It's got white bloom over the leaves too. As for winter in do dig out and dry store all my ensete's.

So perhaps just feed with miriclegrow twice a week half strength and see how it goes. I have no room to place in the ground so perhaps get a bigger pot.

What do you lot think?
Vagetarian

Post by Vagetarian »

Miracle Grow is quite a good fertiliser for bananas, high in nitrogen anyway.

Could it simply be that the older leaves were a little leggy (longer leaf bases) and the new ones are growing ultra compact bases in all that sunlight?

My Super Dwarf Cav had a similar problem early this spring. The new leaves were coming out smaller and I ended up with 3 or 4 leaves all trying (but unable) to unfurl at once. I removed 1 or 2 lower leaves and pulled apart the rest of the leaf bases, effectively shortening the p-stem and widening the plant. They all unfurled a few days later.
B19bst

Post by B19bst »

Well I looked yesterday too see there was around 2-3 leaves trying to open so I have taken action. I have cut it all down. I still have around 8-10 inches of main stem but cut it flush. Is this correct as I didn't really want to cut any lower.
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

I would leave it for another leaf or two but it looks, possibly like the strangles.
Panama Pete

Post by Panama Pete »

Did this ever recover naturally?
derrick

Post by derrick »

The leaves look like their not fully out .Looks like strangles in early stage .I had one grow out of it .