musa sikkimensis

B19bst

musa sikkimensis

Post by B19bst »

i bought a 4 foot one around 3 weeks ago and i planted it in my planter where an ensete maurelli and monti are. those are racing away but the sikki has pretty much stopped growing. it had an unrolled leak ready to uncurl which it did a few weeks ago but that leaf looked weak and went floppy. the new leaf is only i would say 3 inches high and its taken 2 weeks to get to that. i am baffled why. could it be cos its spreading its roots rather than growing up top first. i did how ever take a small bettle out of the old leaf stem earlier today which was right near the new roller.

i will take a picture in the morning.
B19bst

Re: musa sikkimensis

Post by B19bst »

pdid

Post by pdid »

Have you checked for red spider mite?
call

Post by call »

your one must have the same kind of bug as mine, it was doing all right until it started to push out distorted leaves of which it has only just started to recover from. I think its all down to a combination of the weather, it being a very cold spring to a very hot summer in a blink of an eye and a bug that has eaten it. :(
B19bst

Post by B19bst »

Doesn't seem to be red spider mite. I have taken it out the planter and most of the roots have gone brown. I might have been over watering it. This is the second new one that this has happened too. All my other ones have been fine. I am wondering if its to do with the mix they use when they grow them.