Musa sikkimensis problem

scottyn87

Musa sikkimensis problem

Post by scottyn87 »

I bought a Sikkimensis from jungle seeds, it arrived in a 2ltr pot and stood about 4/5 ft tall. It was too weak to hold its own weight and when taking out of the box, ended up folding itself in half. In desperation I cut the plant where it had folded. Not sure this was the right thing to do but where I have cut it's drying out and no new growth is showing...

Have I just killed it or is there still hope for it yet?
grub

Re: Musa sikkimensis problem

Post by grub »

How long ago Scott? If it's recent it should be fine icon_thumright
scottyn87

Post by scottyn87 »

Thanks for the reply, Tuesday or Wednesday I think, so I should se growth coming through soon then?
grub

Post by grub »

Easily, you should actually have seen a lot of movement already. Got any pictures?
GREVILLE

Post by GREVILLE »

Check the root system. If it's fully loaded, pot on just the next size up, place in the warmest, sunniest spot you have and give it regular doses of warm water. Stand back and watch! Before long there'll be no problem icon_thumleft
scottyn87

Post by scottyn87 »

I will take some pics in the morning, I did peel back a little where I cut, and can see the tip of a new leaf, just thought I would have seen it coming through by now...

Thanks icon_salut icon_thumleft
scottyn87

Post by scottyn87 »

Grub, thanks for the PM! I'm not ignoring you, it won't allow me to reply. Thanks again!!!! icon_thumleft
scottyn87

Post by scottyn87 »

Pics as promised, any thoughts anyone???

[media]http://m1344.photobucket.com/albumview/ ... g.html?o=0[/media]

[media]http://m1344.photobucket.com/albumview/ ... g.html?o=1[/media]
grub

Post by grub »

Looks like somethings happening, give it a couple of days and that new roller should be clear of the pseudostem. icon_thumleft If it doesn't move though... Chop it again about 6" down, once you've a flat surface it's easy to see any movement. A bit of warmth wouldn't hurt either.
scottyn87

Post by scottyn87 »

I sure hope so! I'm trying to collect as many banana's as I can!

Thanks again for the help