Musa Siamensis

Post Reply
bananaking29

Musa Siamensis

Post by bananaking29 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:51 pm

After 3 months i have a nice size musa siamensis icon_cheers

When she get bloom, i will it across with a musa sanguinea or musa becarri. icon_thumleft


Image

Image

Image

User avatar
Dave Brown
Site Admin
Posts: 19742
Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:17 am
Location: Chalk, (Thames Estuary) Kent, England 51.5N 0.3E
Contact:

Re: Musa Siamensis

Post by Dave Brown » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:58 am

bananaking29 wrote:After 3 months i have a nice size musa siamensis icon_cheers

When she get bloom, i will it across with a musa sanguinea or musa becarri. icon_thumleft
This is a tropical Banana so suggests it will need a high level of heat to keep it happy. What temperature are you intending to keep it at overwinter?

I struggled with Siam Ruby as it could not hack temps below 10C, or the lack of light in December.
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright
_________________________________________________
Roll on summer.....
http://www.hardytropicals.co.uk

User avatar
karl66
Posts: 2645
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:39 pm
Location: halesowen. west midlands

Re: Musa Siamensis

Post by karl66 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:07 am

I bought a 10 litre one a few years back but it carked it in 2011, basjoo for me just keep coming back regardless of stem damage, i'm pondering a big 30 litre one at present, I must be a devil for punishment!. karl.

User avatar
Dave Brown
Site Admin
Posts: 19742
Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:17 am
Location: Chalk, (Thames Estuary) Kent, England 51.5N 0.3E
Contact:

Re: Musa Siamensis

Post by Dave Brown » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:12 am

karl66 wrote:I bought a 10 litre one a few years back but it carked it in 2011, basjoo for me just keep coming back regardless of stem damage, i'm pondering a big 30 litre one at present, I must be a devil for punishment!. karl.
Are you talking about siamensis, or sikkimensis Karl?
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright
_________________________________________________
Roll on summer.....
http://www.hardytropicals.co.uk

bananaking29

Re: Musa Siamensis

Post by bananaking29 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:19 am

Dave,


I have a glass greenhouse disposal , all my tropical species go there. icon_thumleft 18° degrees.

User avatar
karl66
Posts: 2645
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:39 pm
Location: halesowen. west midlands

Re: Musa Siamensis

Post by karl66 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:08 pm

Dave Brown wrote:
karl66 wrote:I bought a 10 litre one a few years back but it carked it in 2011, basjoo for me just keep coming back regardless of stem damage, i'm pondering a big 30 litre one at present, I must be a devil for punishment!. karl.
Are you talking about siamensis, or sikkimensis Karl?
Apologies dave!, it was early morning, sikkimensis I was enquiring about. karl.

bananaking29

Re: Musa Siamensis

Post by bananaking29 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:52 pm

Update timee 27/09/13: Image

Mowgley

Re: Musa Siamensis

Post by Mowgley » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:30 pm

I've got one of these in the living room window in a 9cm pot.
Hoping to get it through the winter, just produced a new leaf so all going well
Will post a pic when I find out how

Post Reply