sikkimensis with strong markings.

Half Hardy

sikkimensis with strong markings.

Post by Half Hardy »

Although I have posted some pictures already,I wanted to show you this one ,of my sikkimensis red tiger pups.The mother plant is about 3 yrs old and has always had good markings.What I think is unusual is these pups are showing their markings immediatley.I have been growing quite a few red tiger ,for several years.All of them started off with green leaves.I had to wait until about the 3rd or 4th leaf unrolled before there were any signs of the red markings.Even then they only had the odd dark streak.Any thoughts?
Attachments
002.JPG
Last edited by Half Hardy on Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Re: sikkimensis with strong markings.

Post by Dave Brown »

They are very close to the mother pseudostem, have all the pups been that close ? When my sikki have pupped they have been further away.
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Re: sikkimensis with strong markings.

Post by Half Hardy »

Good point.I didn't think about it until you mentioned it.Last years pups,were about 3 inches away from the main p.stem.I have removed and potted up two pups this year,as insurance.They were both tight to the mother as well.They were quite difficult to separate, and didn't have a lot of root.I am not 100% sure they are still alive.It seems to be behaving in a similar way to my lasiocarpa.Fingers crossed for a mild winter,it should make a nice clump next spring.