Musella lasiocarpa

benbaron

Musella lasiocarpa

Post by benbaron »

Are these worth having? difficult to grow? fast? survive winter? I have no experience with these at all..

cheers
Ben
ourarka

Re: Musella lasiocarpa

Post by ourarka »

I have one, and personally wouldn't get another one. There are people with far more knowledge than me on here but in my experience they are very hard to get going again in Spring. I get it through winter fine, with a little protection, but by the time it puts on any decent growth then the summer is finishing. I haven't yet tried container growing and starting again that way .....
benbaron

Post by benbaron »

ourarka wrote:I have one, and personally wouldn't get another one. There are people with far more knowledge than me on here but in my experience they are very hard to get going again in Spring. I get it through winter fine, with a little protection, but by the time it puts on any decent growth then the summer is finishing. I haven't yet tried container growing and starting again that way .....

Ok - thanks for your input - I dont think I will bother then icon_salut
flounder

Post by flounder »

I've suffered losses with these due to winter wet rather than extreme cold. When I finally get round to getting another, I'll keep it potted or will lift it and keep it dry over winter. I did notice the same as Ourarka, they can stutter into life rather than explode
benbaron

Post by benbaron »

Was debating as Palm House have them at £6 each, I think I will stick with faster stuff as I don't have that much patience :)
fieldfest

Post by fieldfest »

here's mine July 1st and them mid October, guess its a bit slow but it looks really nice with its erect leaves. I think its worth having
DSC_1427.JPG
DSC_2452.JPG