Post by Jon Boy »

Didn't expect this!! New Hedychium Greenii from Amulree in May,
Attachments
CIMG0713 [800x600].JPG
DiCasS

Re: Hedychium Buds

Post by DiCasS »

Looking good Jon, soon be there.

I can finally add a couple which are out here, seem to be behind compared to a lot of you,

Assam Orange doing it's thing
Picture 1188 [800x600].jpg

Forrestii just opening
Picture 1196 [800x600].jpg
Gardneranium (sp?) isn't far behind, should be opening within the new few days and still nothing on the Greenii :(

Believing generally Hedychium need plenty of water to thrive, I stuck a few which I had spare (Assam Orange), into my front garden, this was last Summer (09) never fed, never watered and never protected from the frost, and they have grown just as well as the ones in my back garden which I regularly water. These are just coming into flower now, being a couple of weeks behind. I know these are supposed to be one of the hardy Heddys, but was still surprised by the growth, considering as well, we had a good few weeks without rain and the soil was really dry.

Di
I'm at an age where my back goes out more than I do.
Supporter of the N.A.S.
sanatic1234

Post by sanatic1234 »

Your assam orange isn't behind di. Mine hasn't even flowered and dare say will not this year. :(
sanatic1234

Post by sanatic1234 »

checked my hedychium when i got home from work and its finally got a bud on it im very impressed.
Attachments
hedychium densiflora finally in bud.jpg
DiCasS

Post by DiCasS »

There you go San, a result icon_thumright

Di
I'm at an age where my back goes out more than I do.
Supporter of the N.A.S.
sanatic1234

Post by sanatic1234 »

Thanks Di. to be honest i really doubted it would flower this year with it being so late on. but like you say result well worth waiting for. :D
CW01

Post by CW01 »

Forestii setting seed
Attachments
Seed Bud
Seed Bud
Las Palmas Norte

Post by Las Palmas Norte »

My Kahili ginger has decided to bloom (sparingly) but the fragrance is nice this late in the season.

Cheers, Barrie.
Attachments
Oct12-10 003.jpg
CW01

Post by CW01 »

'Flavescens' and 'Pradhan' in bud probably too late to open now
Carl
Attachments
Flavescens
Flavescens
Pradhan
Pradhan
CW01

Post by CW01 »

Flavescens in flower, been growing this variety for a few years now and this is the first time that it has flowered for me must say it was worth the wait the flowers are highly scented and the plant has reached 6ft.Plants are both growing in 15ltr pots.Last year the plants got to the budding stage but didn't open their flowers could be the long warm spring that we had on the Essex coast.Happy days icon_thumleft
FLA1.jpg
FLA2.jpg
FLA3.jpg
FLA4.jpg
sanatic1234

Post by sanatic1234 »

seeing yours outside carl is making me wonder if i should take mine out again till the weather cools down? yours looks great.