is it dead ?

green fingers

is it dead ?

Post by green fingers »

02062011172.jpg
not looking too healthy ? is it on its way to the dump?
grub

Re: is it dead ?

Post by grub »

Is it squidgy in the top? You don't have to dump it, you could always carve it icon_thumright http://www.pacificbliss.com/images/fin% ... 0Gaua.html
green fingers

Post by green fingers »

is it squidgy in the top ? no its quite dry and fury ! pour jug of warter on it daily and spray trunk and it sucks it up ! can feel more fonds anouther three put small ! ?
grub

Post by grub »

Ah! A piccies worth a thousand words, it'll be alright; drop a couple of Chicken manure pellets in the crown to give it a bit of a feed or even some ready made Tree Fern food icon_thumleft http://www.deserttojungle.com/products/ ... _food/177/
Welcome to HTUK too! Post a hello in the introduction section too icon_cheers .
green fingers

Post by green fingers »

ok thanx i did put some diluted seaweed feed last month but could not say if it has done anything ?
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

looks like tiny fronds so is still alive. Give it plenty of TLC and hope for the best. No dump yet icon_thumleft
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
kracker

Post by kracker »

Mine is exactly the same just little furry bumps it's 3ft tall and i planted it in the late spring it had been in the same pot for a bout 8 years so im guessing it will channeling it's energy into the roots but im gonna give the pellets a ago in the crown and base fingers crossed
green fingers

Post by green fingers »

hi all bit of a update stiil no fonds got excited around july august when it was pushing up five fonds at one time but with in a week they had turned brown and died off ! also have noticed woodlice runnig around the crown is this a good thing ? last week we had a ground frost so decided to bring it into the conservatory as tempature a bit more constiance is there any dos or donts for growing inside ? watering feeding etc !
The Codfather

Post by The Codfather »

Hi...I have woodlice etc in mine outside...so I think thats normal......just keep it moist in the crown.
AKA - Martin

Wish list - Big Palms or Dicksonia antarctica's but open to anything really.....Cash Waiting !
pdid

Post by pdid »

green fingers wrote:last week we had a ground frost so decided to bring it into the conservatory as tempature a bit more constiance is there any dos or donts for growing inside ? watering feeding etc !
Make sure you water it every day, lots of water. Your fern is in the process of recovering it will produce bigger fronds again but it will be a few years before it does.

Was it kept in the conservatory last winter? If so was it watered?

I had the same with my smaller one a few years ago, it was kept in the con over winter and wasn`t watered. I`ve had 2 full flushes from it this year but the fronds are still smaller than I would lik, they are getting bigger each flush though.
kracker

Post by kracker »

Mine now has 3 or 4 nodes im not giving up im thinking of piping a radiator behind it i guess our lass would'nt be happy :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: