Quick tree fern advice please

ourarka

Quick tree fern advice please

Post by ourarka »

I just bought this tree fern to go in a container on a shady patio and just wondered if it would straighten itself out? At the moment the fronds are all bent, as you can see. Is the anything I should do? I can't complain as to it for £20 and it looks very healthy otherwise.
ourarka

Re: Quick tree fern advice please

Post by ourarka »

..... the picture would help!
Attachments
image.jpg
fern Rob

Post by fern Rob »

Great buy at £20,
The fronds that are already out will not change but the other croziers aslong as you don't let it touch anything will grow fine. When the fronds have died of this year, cut them off and it will be fine. Just keep it well watered. I think it as been in a cramped space whilst it was fronding for the fronds to be like that. Long term it should be fine. :)
ourarka

Post by ourarka »

Thanks Rob, that is what I thought. It does look like it was probably cramped whilst fronding this year but for £22 I can't grumble as it was bought with next year in mind so not really bothered if it is tatty this autumn.
fern Rob

Post by fern Rob »

Where did you get it from?
ourarka

Post by ourarka »

Seagrave - ok you have to add P&P on but still cheaper than the £45+ for 1 foot that I seem to have seen most other places, local or mail order.
kata

Post by kata »

Great buy,

I paid £40.00 for mine from there plus postage. Seems very helpful grower and I can't complain with nine new fronds on a new fern.
water1.jpg
:mrgreen: