Woodwardia Fimbriata

jungle jas

Woodwardia Fimbriata

Post by jungle jas »

I've just got my hands on the above. Hardy, evergreen, and grows to 2 meters supposedly! Sounds to good to be true, anyone growing it, any comments on yours, good,bad or indifferent. Does it like part sun or full shade. Thanks. icon_thumright
Mr List

Re: Woodwardia Fimbriata

Post by Mr List »

I've read it can take ten years to reach maturity and grow to full size.
mine is about a metre
allangreenbean

Post by allangreenbean »

Had my Giant Chain fern since last year and it sailed through winter but then croaked early summer. If it helps mine was in a sunny spot that got afternoon sun and was in dry soil. Not ideal I know.

Dryopteris seem to be the only type of ferns that do well in my garden and to be honest are so diverse I just stick with the now.
tropical Tom

Post by tropical Tom »

allangreenbean wrote:Had my Giant Chain fern since last year and it sailed through winter but then croaked early summer. If it helps mine was in a sunny spot that got afternoon sun and was in dry soil. Not ideal I know.

Dryopteris seem to be the only type of ferns that do well in my garden and to be honest are so diverse I just stick with the now.
Same here, keep it wet and I'm sure it'll be ok!
jungle jas

Post by jungle jas »

Thanks for your input, pity about the 10 year wait though. I'm not sure I have that long to live at my age!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ahhh!: icon_thumright