Is there a Dicksonia antarctica booster formula

sanatic1234

Is there a Dicksonia antarctica booster formula

Post by sanatic1234 »

Hi i have just been looking at palm boosters that increase healthier foliage and quicker height increase.
This got me thinking as to if you kind buy a similar formula for Dicksonia antarctica's?
nicebutdim

Re: Is there a Dicksonia antarctica booster formula

Post by nicebutdim »

sanatic1234 wrote:Hi i have just been looking at palm boosters that increase healthier foliage and quicker height increase.
This got me thinking as to if you kind buy a similar formula for Dicksonia antarctica's?

Judging by the massive response I imagine the answer is no. I have seen fantastic tree ferns in Australia that seem totally neglected,out in the wilds ,didn't appear to have seen rain for ages ,yet they flourish.It's always puzzled me.Australians say put a banana skin in the crown but that's only because it's free ,as they have a great aversion to spending money.I've tried this many times without any great result.
musabasjoos

Post by musabasjoos »

Aaron, I don’t use a formula, I just feed them with lawn feed. I don’t know if it makes much difference, but i know my bananas love it.

There is this on Ebay Ebay Item: 230603351982, but whether its any good is a different matter.
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

They like much around the base. I use soil improver and chicken pellets. I then use seaweed extract diluted by half in the crown every other month from may to Sept. I'm not sure if I've ever seen better results than before I did this. They don't need/like high nutrients. Just plenty of water during the growing season
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
outatime1978

Post by outatime1978 »

musa,thats the same stuff i use. icon_thumleft
dino

Post by dino »

I use Tree fern feed by HSK. Got it from Akamba last year. I also do the banana thing but because they're so slow it's hard to know if they work or not.
Andy2cool

Post by Andy2cool »

Hi,

I've starting using this:

http://www.palmcentre.co.uk/ProductDeta ... oductID=55

seems pretty good stuff :)
musa_monkey

Post by musa_monkey »

i alternate between the use of a chicken poo pellet and liquid seaweed feeds monthly in the summer. It seems to work well on my Dicksonia antarctica's