Spring In The Garden

Rod

Re: Spring In The Garden

Post by Rod »

GREVILLE wrote:Green with envy, Rod, that you're going and growing green for the coming months while we go into reverse here :( It must be said though that basking in one of the warmest Autumns we've ever had has brought out lots of Spring flowers on many confused plants. With the large leaved aroids and nanas STILL throwing out rollers and new leaves it might as well be Spring!

Drooling over your Aloes, too. I first brought back A. maculata as a division off a flowering plant from the Canary Islands many years ago. I've got more plants from this, some quite big, both potted and planted out (lifted in winter) but have never got them to flower. A. aristata and striatula always oblige, however, and they are planted out permanently - our last three hard winters not touching them. Acquired A. polyphylla last year but I'm not planting this out yet.

Keep us jealous in the coming months with more pics as you spring into summer icon_thumleft
Hi Greville - Thanks for your kind comments.
I Can't wait for the Summer, as we had a really bad Winter, that killed one of my Corymbia ficifolias. ( Red Flowering Gum )
I too love Aloe's. and aquired this Aloe maculata from a pup, from a wild one growing on a cliff face just 12 km from me. It took 2-years to get to flowering.
Rod

Post by Rod »

jungle jas wrote:Hi, will some kind sole tell me what a Giant Himalayan Lily is?
Nice garden makes me wish I lived over there. icon_salut
Hi Jungle Jas - Just google 'GIANT HIMALAYAN LILY' and heaps comes up.
Click on Google Images.
Rod

Post by Rod »

Some more
Attachments
Cactus_IMG_0714_EDIT.jpg
Cactus_IMG_0719_EDIT.jpg
Giant_Mt Kilamanjaro Lobelia_IMG_0731_EDIT.jpg
Giant_Mt Kilamanjaro Lobelia_IMG_0732_EDIT.jpg
Himalayan Blue Poppy_IMG_0720_EDIT.jpg
Himalayan Blue Poppy_IMG_0721_EDIT.jpg
Syagrus romanzoffiana_IMG_0730_EDIT.jpg
GREVILLE

Post by GREVILLE »

That blue poppy is a gem, Rod. Meconopsis are incredibly fussy and I've given up on these. I keep a blue and white border for the Mrs and despite trying to alter the growing conditions, or trying them elsewhere, they have never established for us.
Rod

Post by Rod »

Geranium maderense ( Native Of Madeira )
Attachments
Geranium maderense ( Native of Madeira ).jpg