Planted my cycas out, did I make any mistakes?

Vagetarian

Re: Planted my cycas out, did I make any mistakes?

Post by Vagetarian »

Yeah, it should do the same job. icon_thumleft
Kristen

Post by Kristen »

Kerinsian wrote:One question though, Chempak 2 has a ratio of 25 15 15. I already have a liquid organic fert with a ratio of 5 3 3. As it's a measurement of ratio and not quantity that should be the same as the chempak 2 shouldn't it?
Yes, in general terms, if the ratio is the same then the "effect" is the same, just the one with higher numbers is stronger so you will need less.

Likely to be trace elements and so that that may make a difference.
Kristen

Post by Kristen »

Vagetarian wrote:Yeah, it should do the same job. icon_thumleft
Sorry, didn't see that the thread had gone over the page :oops:
jungle jas

Post by jungle jas »

My understanding from my farming days are it is both ratio and quantity, but there is more to it than that, most fertilisers release at different rates and length of time. Horses for courses as the saying goes. icon_thumright
Dim

Post by Dim »

I have no experience with cycas .... but found this on google:

http://cycadjungle.8m.com/cycadjungle/fertilizer.html

from that link:

After documenting leaf flushes on 150 species and coning cycles from 25 species and correlating these results with fertilizer applications from eight brands of fertilizer, I am pleased with two brands. The first is Scott's Premix with Minors. It is a 24-7-8 plus minors, with 14 of the 24% being derived from a fast reacting nitrogen.

24-7-8 is similar to 3-1-1 ... I'd look at a seaweed/fish based fertilizer that comes close to the 3-1-1 and one that has added minerals etc and which can be used as a foliar feed .... but I'm just guessing