Trachycarpus x

Rob S

Re: Trachycarpus x

Post by Rob S »

The large Waggy above was discussed last year and had the lower leaves removed after being recently transplanted! i would say that other than maybe being slightly slower growing than regular Fortunei, and that is only maybe in my opinion, then all other growing factors are identical in both forms! I would still opt to see al tall Waggy with a small crown of perfect leaves than a Fortunei of any size that's been blown to pieces by the wind which is an all too common sight on these shores!
DSCN0366.JPG
greendragon

Post by greendragon »

Wagnerianus peaks at 15 years old, after that they just start to look like telephone poles that wave at you.
redsquirrel

Post by redsquirrel »

i have a tf in my front garden that i swear is 'waggified'
never gets scruffy leaves ,a little brown when old but thats natural.
after the 2010 winter it put out much smaller leaves,i was hoping it had switched identity but its back to normal ,big stiff leaves and moving at a good pace too
mars ROVER broken down. headgasket faillure
kata

Post by kata »

Wagnerianus peaks at 15 years old, after that they just start to look like telephone poles that wave at you.
:lol: :lol:
Rob S

Post by Rob S »

greendragon wrote:Wagnerianus peaks at 15 years old, after that they just start to look like telephone poles that wave at you.

That simply isn't true, they are the perfect Palm for this country and you are using as a reference one less than perfect plant, which i am sure will look fine in time, to stigmatise an entire species(sub-species) which is ridiculous!
Axel

Post by Axel »

Hi Rob, was that picture taken in the garden of the ' father' of all UK waggies, Peter?
Gorgeous specimens.

Axel
Rob S

Post by Rob S »

Yes, well spotted Axel! The big one at the back is probably 15-20 yrs old i would guess!