Sophisticated Trachies

Axel

Sophisticated Trachies

Post by Axel »

Do you like this Trachycarpus garden. It's in Lugano (Suisse).
Attachments
IMG_3484.jpg
kata

Re: Sophisticated Trachies

Post by kata »

OMG!!! I love the look,

Trachi is my favorite palm now.

That is beautiful Axel, many thanks for sharing!!

icon_cheers icon_cheers
allangreenbean

Post by allangreenbean »

Definitely look good grown together at different sizes. icon_thumright
kata

Post by kata »

I'm glad you said that Allan,

I have one 9 year old, and three bought staggared as baby one. That scene is now taking shape... :lol: :lol: In the head as yet.

The tallest one in Axel's Image, how did that get so thin, almost pencil thin?
Last edited by kata on Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Axel

Post by Axel »

Yes i like them too. I know many people prefer to leave as many fronds as possible although they can look pretty ratty sometimes. Not the Suisse, they like them neat and tidy :)
kohwoz

Post by kohwoz »

look like lots of Wagnerianus.....Also looks a little photoshopped....

Wouldn't complain having them in my garden though. But after seeing thous i much prefer a palm to have lots more fronds. They look a little to bare.
Axel

Post by Axel »

kohwoz wrote:look like lots of Wagnerianus.....Also looks a little photoshopped....
Hi Kohwoz,
No and no.

There are virtually no waggies in Lugano and i took the picture myself. Lugano is just a beautiful place with great morninglight.
kata

Post by kata »

They look lovely Axel,

I can't wait for mine to grow, big one has about four foot of stem. I did get new fronds on the small ones last year. With the rain I will be surprised if they hav'nt rotted at the base.

I think mine have been restricted in pots. I have had it for two years now.

icon_cheers
kohwoz

Post by kohwoz »

Axel wrote:
kohwoz wrote:look like lots of Wagnerianus.....Also looks a little photoshopped....
Hi Kohwoz,
No and no.

There are virtually no waggies in Lugano and i took the picture myself. Lugano is just a beautiful place with great morninglight.
I understand alex,
what are they then???? look like Trachycarpus Wagnerianus to me......virtually none, maybe they are the ones that are virtually not around :lol: I could be wrong though.. Although you did say sophisticated Trachies.. Lots of variations.
allangreenbean

Post by allangreenbean »

kata wrote:I'm glad you said that Allan,

I have one 9 year old, and three bought staggared as baby one. That scene is now taking shape... :lol: :lol: In the head as yet.

The tallest one in Axel's Image, how did that get so thin, almost pencil thin?
Def group them, isn't there a species that loses it's covering with age? Myself I think they should be on or off, halfway just looks silly, stripped looks good, rather a thin trunk but if it gets too tall it ends up looking out of proportion as the crown is so small. I think 3 metres at most so keep roots restricted.

You'll have to post pics once you have planted. icon_cheers