Chammy in centre of Lawn**

Delboy

Re: Chammy in centre of Lawn**

Post by Delboy »

My chammie Arborescens with 110cm trunk was £100 in the Amulree sale last year so I have a good head start for not too silly a price. Still a lot for a plant IMHO but it was birthday money.
It's been over trimmed so doesn't look a patch on Dave's but over time it should fill out and look much better.
When I plant up the new garden I will attempt to make it a feature palm once I've dug a bloomin huge hole for it!!
Delboy

Post by Delboy »

DSCN1635 (Small).JPG
Not the best pic, and its not as yellow now.

I have small ones too and will probably get more pleasure out of watching them grow than this one, but I couldn't resist this one for the price.
dino

Post by dino »

That looks great, nice one icon_thumleft
Rob S

Post by Rob S »

That's an old plant which is just crying out to be planted in the ground and will soon look great!
karl66

Post by karl66 »

I have a multi trunk chammy planted out the front, its a monster now with 5 trunks the tallest trunk is about 6ft & since being planted its grew the most stunning lush green fronds , there also nice & compact unlike some stretched sickly ones you sometimes see, in my opinion a large multitrunk chammy is unbeatable as an almost bulletproof centrepiece.
Delboy

Post by Delboy »

Rob S wrote:That's an old plant which is just crying out to be planted in the ground and will soon look great!
That's a job for this year hopefully.