What's wrong with my cordyline

rich24uk

What's wrong with my cordyline

Post by rich24uk »

It's never been too happy, have tried it in a couple of locations but the trunk seems bowed and the leafs are not quite right.

Is it a lost cause?
Attachments
20130421_151342.jpg
20130421_151335.jpg
RogerBacardy

Re: What's wrong with my cordyline

Post by RogerBacardy »

Those coloured cultivars are less hardy than the regular green australis variety. I'd say well done on keeping it alive so long! However, it looks like it's just in the shade on that corner, I'd plant it somewhere it can get direct sunlight all day.

There again, they hate being transplanted, at least sets them back for a season, or usually kills them if they're big. So maybe it's the trying in a few locations which is the prob, if you've dug it up and moved it a few times.

If you do move it to a sunnier location, try to grab as much rootball as possible. icon_thumleft
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

Was it protected over winter?

its looks like the head is about to fall off like mine did here due to rot >>>

redsquirrel

Post by redsquirrel »

cordyman wrote:Was it protected over winter?

its looks like the head is about to fall off like mine did here due to rot >>>

what a pooper icon_thumbdown that was a fine looking cordy too,did it regrow from the top?
mars ROVER broken down. headgasket faillure
RogerBacardy

Post by RogerBacardy »

Cordyman, I think your cordyline carking it was from it not being happy at being transplanted, they then appear to die from the bottom up after, with the lower leaves going brown, then the ones above, and so on, until you end up with no green leaves at all, and the top seeming to collapse. Does look like rot on the leaf bases, but I think that was a symptom rather than cause of terminal decline.

Thankfully, cordylines are so fast growing that they're easy to replace. icon_thumleft