eBay palm question

B19bst

eBay palm question

Post by B19bst »

Mum has asked me to post this( fremma)

http://bit.ly/1aT0DmT

What do they think of it's chances after being taken out of the soil at this size.
Considering the size of the pot, the rootball doesn't look very big, but then maybe it shouldn't be!
kata

Re: eBay palm question

Post by kata »

Wow big one B,

Does your mum realise in winter she could have problems. I can't help thinking we will pay for this summer. Maybe you could make some kind of removable cage for protection in winter.

Nice Palm I must say.

Water and leave give a good soak. Tthen make sure you get a complete rootball, maybe break the pot even...then it will be fine. Make sure hole is ample for the rootball spreading. Water the hole before planting.

The best of luck to you both!

icon_sunny icon_sunny
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

Morrisons had them last summer not far off that size for sixty quid.

Advice on here was avoid its nothing more than a cutting with small rootball.
pdid

Post by pdid »

It might have been worth a punt at £50 but definitely not £300 :shock:
multim

Post by multim »

Way to expensive and way too small a pot. I really cannot believe that they paid that much for it originally. I would pass that one by and have a look at the Palm Centre or Trevena Cross if you really want one.
jezza

Post by jezza »

Way too much money for a palm with not enough root. I dug up a Phoenix canariensis_CIDP in october 2011, it started growing again this spring so digging a larger one out does (in my experience) set them back a year.