That should be OK, yes.
doncasterpalmguy123

Re: Who knows of LARGE Washingtonia palms - DISCUSS HERE

Post by doncasterpalmguy123 »

Ok thanks for the information. Cant wait for the next growing season. :D
Rob S

Post by Rob S »

This thread came to a rather dissapointing end didn't it and no new ones were started on other Large palms? Oh well!
doncasterpalmguy123

Post by doncasterpalmguy123 »

It would seem it has, I'm afraid people cannot help if there are no big ones near them. Im sorry if i changed the corse of this subject :D
billdango

Post by billdango »

I have just started one on CIDPs in the UK but due to a problem downsizing this years photos I have had to use last years for now.

Maybe for now untill we sort this thread out someone can start another thread on large B capitatas or something in the UK?

billdango icon_sunny
Rob S

Post by Rob S »

Are we going to repeat photos that may have been posted elsewhere before or is that going to be of little interest? Most of mine have done the rounds!
billdango

Post by billdango »

I think it should be okay to repeat old pictures of Washington palms but it would be pointless if those palms have died because of the last few cold winters.

But it will have to do untill we get some new up to date pictures from this year onwards.

billdango :D
Rob S

Post by Rob S »

Actually i was generalising about large palms rather than just Washingtonia but i agree they should ideally still be alive!
Exotic Life

Post by Exotic Life »

I have a quite big Washy (Phoenix canariensis_CIDP as well) but not posting them because I'm not in the UK. However I like to see you guys posting those big palms, keep continue please. :)
billdango

Post by billdango »

Exotic Life wrote:I have a quite big Washy (Phoenix canariensis_Phoenix canariensis_CIDP as well) but not posting them because I'm not in the UK. However I like to see you guys posting those big palms, keep continue please. :)
We could get over that I suppose by starting another thread called "big palms in the Netherlands"

Then yours can be the first one on it.

That way all of us on these forums can then get a better idea on what is happening in other Countries.

billdango icon_thumleft

PS As a forum member you should be the one to start that thread. icon_cheers
redsquirrel

Post by redsquirrel »

Exotic Life wrote:I have a quite big Washy (Phoenix canariensis_Phoenix canariensis_CIDP as well) but not posting them because I'm not in the UK. However I like to see you guys posting those big palms, keep continue please. :)
just post them anyway EL, half of the forum wont pay any attention to your location, its pics most are interested in icon_thumright icon_thumright
mars ROVER broken down. headgasket faillure
billdango

Post by billdango »

Just put them on here anyway.

After all you are a forum member and we are all growing exotics together plus I am sure Dave won't mind.

rgds billdango icon_thumleft
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

The reason we put UK as a limit was to stop everyone coming back from holiday and posting pics of the millions of Washingtonia they saw in Southern Europe or the US.

Perhaps a better limit would have been 'outside, in cool temperate zones' :wink:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by billdango »

Dave Brown wrote:
The reason we put UK as a limit was to stop everyone coming back from holiday and posting pics of the millions of Washingtonia they saw in Southern Europe or the US.

Perhaps a better limit would have been 'outside, in cool temperate zones' :wink:

Thats good thinking Dave as i never thought of that.

Lets just leave it how it was and have UK Washingtonias only as it would be pointless having dozens of pictures from all over the World?

Sorry Exotic life,
You will have to start another thread on Washingtonias in your Country only.

rgds billdango icon_thumleft
Wilza

Post by Wilza »

Just seen this decent sized one on ebay in the ground and is in Lincolnshire, looks very healthy!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Palm-Tree-6ft ... 3cda71554d